Check out all of the outstanding work going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy. It is great to see more parts of the country opening up and enjoying the wonderful weather. We Hope everyone is enjoying the amazing playoffs. The Islanders take on the Lightning, and the Canadiens take on the Golden Knights in some great semi-final action. Make sure to keep track of all the updates on our Sports Philanthropy World Conference HERE
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING June 13, 2021
- June 13, 2021 — Las Vegas Aces Organizational Spotlight
- June 13, 2021 — 16-Year-Old goalie becomes first female player selected in the OHL Draft
- June 13, 2021 — Wanted: More Mom’s on the Field
- June 13, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- June 12, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Norris Thomas
- June 12, 2021 — How Wisconsin is preparing for its athletes to be able to cash in on marketing
- June 12, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Saturday 2pmET/1pmCT
- June 12, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- June 12, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- June 11, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- June 11, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- June 11, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- June 10, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP41 – Hector Perdomo
- June 10, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- June 9, 2021 — Dallas Wings Organizational Spotlight
- June 8, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy Webinar Episode 35 Now!
- June 8, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- June 8, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- June 7, 2021 — Women’s Sports Forum 2021
- June 7, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy World 2021, June 28-29
- June 7, 2021 — June 7th Newsstand
- June 7, 2021 — Former NFL DL Israel Idonije Nominated for U Sports Mitchell Family Alumni of the Year Awar
- June 14, 2021 — Birdies Fore Bounce
- June 23-24, 2021 — Play Like A Champion Today Virtual Sports Leadership Conference: “Dream Big. Take Action.”
- July 16, 2021 — Vincent Jackson Memorial Golf Tournament