Join us for S4:EP41 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Hector Perdomo, President of the Naismith International Basketball Foundation, sits down with our host Roy Kessel to discuss how he’s educating the world about basketball.
The Naismith International Basketball Foundation helps underprivileged children and promotes the recognition of good sportsmanship in basketball and other sports by providing scholarships that will be awarded to participating students that are in sequence to the four doctorates that Dr. Naismith attained; Divinity, Education, Medicine, and Psychology. Starting from grade school levels, all the way through professional levels benefiting millions of boys, girls, coaches, parents and administration in between.
HIGHLIGHTS OF HECTOR’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:32 Moment of Silence for our Veterans
- 04:37 Hector’s First Excitement of Sports
- 08:04 Becoming a Basketball Coach
- 18:49 Sport Industry
- 21:00 How to Change the Disrespect towards Officials
- 26:15 Car Accident that Changed Hector’s Life
- 30:21 Vision going Forward
- 34:56 Contact Information
- 36:30 Commissioner of a Sport
- 38:00 Closing Remarks
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE