Check out all of the outstanding work going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy. It is great to see more parts of the country opening up and enjoying the wonderful weather. Enjoy the NBA and NHL playoffs, the first and second rounds for both sports have been extremely entertaining! Make sure to keep track of all the updates on our Sports Philanthropy World Conference HERE
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING June 7, 2021
- June 6, 2021 — Register Now For Our Executive Director Mastermind Training Now!
- June 6, 2021 — 16-Year-Old goalie becomes first female player selected in the OHL Draft
- June 6, 2021 —Michael Jordan Donating $1 Million to Morehouse for journalism and sports-related studies
- June 6, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- June 5, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Norris Thomas
- June 5, 2021 — Washington Mystics Organizational Spotlight
- June 5, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Saturday 2pmET/1pmCT
- June 5, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- June 5, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- June 4, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- June 4, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- June 4, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- June 3, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP40 – Dana Bookman
- June 3, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- June 2, 2021 — Minnesota Lynx Organizational Spotlight
- June 1, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP39 – Gretchen Hamm
- June 1, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- June 1, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- May 31, 2021 — Doctors seeing increase in stress fractures in young patients
- May 31, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy World 2021, June 28-29
- May 31, 2021 — May 31st Newsstand
- May 31, 2021 — San Diego County Should Pay $10 Million in Youth Athletic Fees, supervisor says
- June 7, 2021 — Chad Greenway’s Charity Golf Tournament
- June 8, 2021 — Evolve Giving Group: Your Board and Fundraising – Achieving the Impossible
- June 12, 2021 — Boys On The Right Track Golf Tournament
- June 14, 2021 — Birdies Fore Bounce
- June 23-24, 2021 — Play Like A Champion Today Virtual Sports Leadership Conference: “Dream Big. Take Action.”
- July 16, 2021 — Vincent Jackson Memorial Golf Tournament