Join us for S4:EP17 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Lew Blaustein, Founder of Eco Athletes, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss his journey to work in sports and how he eventually combined climate change with sports.
Founder of GreenSportsBlog and Eco Athletes, business development consultant, marketer, and thought leader, Lew Blaustein is a successful entrepreneur in the world of climate change and sports. He has built and managed new businesses in emerging and challenging markets and has 20+ years of corporate and non-profit experience. He has a passion for sustainability and sports. He has helped “green” businesses, from generating revenue from new sources and on behalf of challenging projects for the Atlantic Cup, the first carbon neutral sailing race, to establishing a new, green brand image for the Philadelphia Flower Show and 2014 espnW Women + Sports Summit. He also hosts Green Gotham, an interview television show about sustainability in New York City and the people making them happen.
EcoAthletes brings about hands-on and customized education for athletes to empower them to talk about climate change. It provides athletes with individual climate change-focused mentor programs, personal brand creation, and opportunities to develop their careers sustainably. They teach athletes about the scope of climate change’s problems and its solutions, the impact it has on sports, and how to communicate the need to provide action to help tackle climate change.
HIGHLIGHTS OF LEW’S PODCAST
- 00:00: Introductions
- 03:00: How Lew Got Into Sports
- 06:00: The Digital Age of Sports & SI Kids
- 18:00: Climate Change & The Serious Need for Change
- 24:00: Cost-Effectiveness of Sustainable Technology & How Companies Can Build Their Sustainable Brand & Story
- 28:00: How Sports Can Create A “Green” Brand
- 32:00: The Future of Eco Athletes
- 36:30: How the Community Can Help
- 44:00: Conclusions
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- Website: ecoathletes.org
- LinkedIn: Lewis Blaustein
- Twitter: @GreenSportsBlog