Join us for S4:EP20 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as David Rhode, Founder of Dot Dot Org, sits down with our host Roy Kessel, to discuss where his roots developed as a marketer and his work helping nonprofit organizations build their brand.
David founded Dot Dot Org to do what he does best … help nonprofit organizations grow their capacity and impact. David scaled and ran a global nonprofit organization for almost 15 years. He recruited and grew a national Board of Directors. He excelled as a front-line fundraiser. David’s executive and branding tool kit was developed at blue-chip firms like Procter and Gamble and H.J. Heinz.
He is a Wharton MBA and currently teaches nonprofit branding at the University of Pennsylvania. David’s specialties include board development, strategic planning, partnership development, and brand communications.
David is an avid Philadelphia sports fan stranded in New York City. A long-distance runner, David is currently training for the next New York City marathon, whenever that is.
Dot Dot Org was founded to help nonprofit organizations build their brand and their capacity. They are experienced nonprofit strategists, connecting the dots between brand marketing and your fundraising goals. Whatever your challenges—your Board, your strategic plans, your outreach, your resource development— they can help you connect the dots.
HIGHLIGHTS OF DAVID’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:40 What Created David’s Interest in Sports?
- 02:15 Sports David Played & His Competitive Nature
- 06:05 There’s No “Free Play”
- 09:25 David’s Studies & Career Path
- 13:20 Brand Communication
- 17:25 Pitch In For Baseball
- 21:00 Partnerships & Board Developments
- 29:10 Role of the Players v Team
- 35:55 Building Relationships
- 42:00 Focus of Dot Dot Org
- 45:10 SPN Bonus Question & Parting Words
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- Website: dotdotorg.com
- LinkedIn: David Rhode | Dot Dot Org