Check out all of the outstanding work going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy. It is great to see more parts of the country opening up and enjoying the wonderful weather. We Hope everyone enjoyed the great event that was Sports Philanthropy World. Thank you to all who attended and for all of the wonderful support!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING July 11, 2021
- July 11, 2021 — Portland Thorns Organizational Spotlight
- July 11, 2021 — 16-Year-Old goalie becomes first female player selected in the OHL Draft
- July 11, 2021 — Wanted: More Mom’s on the Field
- July 10, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- July 10, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Reggie Walker
- July 10, 2021 — Announcing SCE’s Million Coaches Challenge Partners – Susan Crown Exchange
- July 10, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Tuesday 8:30pmET/7:30pmCT
- July 10, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- July 10, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- July 9, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- July 9, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- July 9, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- July 8, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP44 – Jason Belinkie
- July 8, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- July 7, 2021 — Proposed NJ Youth Sports Task Force would scrutinize bullying, abuse
- July 6, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP 43 – Marc Pollick
- July 6, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- July 6, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- July 5, 2021 — Women’s Sports Forum 2021
- July 5, 2021 — July 5th Newsstand
- July 5, 2021 — Register for Play Like a Champion Virtual Sports Leadership Conference
- July 16, 2021 — Vincent Jackson Memorial Golf Tournament