We hope everyone is having an exciting week especially with Thanksgiving holiday rapidly approaching us! Remember to be thankful for everyone and everything in your life and not take them for granted! So sit back and enjoy some sports with your loved ones and relax!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
MLB and WNBA Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World 2021 was held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on the success of 2020’s virtual event, we had a fantastic response with organizations from around the world.
We are hopeful that 2022 will be a LIVE event. Watch this space for upcoming news and announcements about dates and location!
In 2021, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Richard Jaffe, Co-Owner, Phoenix Suns
- Kim Davis, Executive Vice President, NHL
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Jusuf Nurkic, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kojo Annan, Vector Innovation Fund
- Marc Pollick, Giving Back Fund
- Danny Hughes, Entrepreneur
- Devean George, former NBA player, founder, Building Blocks
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING November 22, 2021
- November 22, 2021 — Syracuse Athletics Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience
- November 22, 2021 — “After The Whistle” brings community and faith to athletes
- November 22, 2021 — Penn State Scranton supporters invited to celebrate Giving Tuesday 2021
- November 22, 2021 — Training youth to bring change
- November 21, 2021 — Turkey Bowl Classic returns to Mobile, feeding 1,000 families
- November 21, 2021 — Utah’s Ford, BYU’s Fauatea Team Up to help community
- November 21, 2021 — Wizards, Monumental Basketball host Thankful Meals community outreach event
- November 20, 2021 — Kim Kardashian West helps fly out Afghanistan Female Soccer team
- November 20, 2021 — Browns to host five active duty and retired military members from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- November 20, 2021 — NFL star gives back to local community with turkey giveaway for Thanksgiving
- November 20, 2021 — Non-profit helps pay sports registration fees for young Valley athletes
- November 19, 2021 — Sports non-profit aims for $9.5 million facility in Fairborn
- November 19, 2021 — Cardinals’ Zach Ertz giving back to his new community
- November 18, 2021 — Free community workout to help families in need for Thanksgiving
- November 18, 2021 — Washington native UFC fighter helps to upgrade community boxing gym
- November 18, 2021 — Lindblom aiding others ahead of Hockey Fights Cancer Night for Flyers
- November 18, 2021 — Cleveland Cavaliers Ricky Rubio Wins Offseason NBA Cares Community Assist Award
- November 18, 2021 — Why athletes make great influencers
- November 18, 2021 — How Vans Inspires change through inclusion and community
- November 17, 2021 — Former Miami Heat & Hurricane stars team up for online sports school
- November 17, 2021 — Duke Football to partner with Morgan’s Message For Thursday’s game
- November 17, 2021 — GovX gives back, raises over $16,000 for ADAPTIVE TRAINING FOUNDATION
- November 17, 2021 — Browns to honor servicemen, servicewomen during Salute to Service game vs. Lions
- November 16, 2021 — These female athletes are expanding the definition of sport
- November 16, 2021 — Boise State Athletics Launches ‘What’s Next Initiative’
- November 16, 2021 — Youth Athletes United Take’s ‘Swing’ toward becoming the largest all-encompassing children’s sports and enrichment franchise with acquisition of 59-unit TGA premier sports
- November 16, 2021 — Former Pro Athletes Partner to Teach Financial Literacy at HBCU’s