New Initiatives Lead the Way
This past week, we launched three new Sports Philanthropy Network initiatives on Giving Tuesday. We are excited to proceed with these efforts in order to allow us to support the organizations in our Network in these key areas.
Each of these areas will receive substantial attention and focus and we will immediately commence fundraising programs to support each of these three initiatives.
We hope that you will assist our mission by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
In addition to our fundraising efforts, we encourage you to join our Webinars each week. Our topics have generated a lot of interest and we continue to explore additional ways to support our Network during this crisis. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
In response to the COVID-19 Crisis, we have responded:
- Hosting Webinars every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Creating a COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Increasing our production schedule to release a Podcast every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during the coronavirus crisis.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we ramped up our production and distribution schedule to bring you three Podcasts each week.
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING MAY 10, 2020
- May 9, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast–Science of Sport–Daren Heaton and Carly Stevens
- May 8, 2020—“Wild West”: Youth sports providers weigh liability risks
- May 8, 2020—ETHICAL LEADERS LIVE: Roy Kessel, Founder, Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 8, 2020—Aspen Institute Return To Play Assessment Tool
- May 8, 2020—“Somebody Has To Be First”-These youth baseball teams are playing ball this weekend despite experts’ warnings
- May 8, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar–Amy Schiffman, Giving Tree Associates
- May 7, 2020—In the era of COVID-19, access to youth sports hangs in the balance
- May 7, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast–Bobby Wise, Merging Vets and Players
- May 7. 2020—Depression Doesn’t Discriminate: NBA’s Kevin Love Checks In
- May 6, 2020—State Committee in Louisiana set to recommend youth sports reopen, but a doctor says not so fast
- May 6, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar–Warren Harmon, Harbor Compliance
- May 6, 2020—Philly Youth Sports Collaborative Nutrition Charts
- May 6, 2020—Blackhawks Ice Crew Members Serving Greater Cause During COVID-19
- May 6, 2020—Should kids play in baseball games this weekend? Hundreds form St. Louis area will
- May 6, 2020—Von Miller launches VON SACKS COVID
- May 5, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast–Diana Horsford, TAPS
- May 5, 2020—Aspen Institute: How Should Youth Sports Return To Play
- May 5, 2020—Spurs Sports & Entertainment Announced the Formation of the Spurs Give Together Fund
- May 5, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Network launches three new initiatives for Giving Tuesday
- May 4, 2020—Portland Timbers Goalie Jeff Attinella donates 1,000 books to Chicago children’s charity
- May 4, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Newsstand, May 4, 2020
- May 4, 2020—Goalball line-up remains unchanged for postponed Tokyo 2020 Paralympics
- May 4, 2020—Adapt and Thrive: Family tips to maintain mental and physical wellness
- May 4, 2020–MLB Players Alumni Association Seeks to Replace Lost Revenue Through OpenSponsorship
- May 4, 2020—How Can Funders & Donors Respond to COVID-19 in an Equitable and Effective Way?
- April 30, 2020—Red Sox offer personalized video board messages to raise money for Red Sox Foundation
- April 29, 2020—Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report: Youth Organizations Seeking Answers
- April 29, 2020—Play Ball: New Model For Baseball Season Simulation
- April 23, 2020—Roy Kessel for the Team Marketing Report Sports Philanthropy Spotlight: NFL Draft Leads Latest Creative Philanthropic Efforts
- April 15, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Normal
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!