Giving Tuesday Launches New Initiatives
As we head into Giving Tuesday, we are excited to announce our three new Sports Philanthropy Network initiatives. We know that these will be important to many organizations and we are excited that our ability to help raise money now extends to be able to support all of these groups in these three important areas
INITIATIVE ONE: HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Heart Screenings
- Concussion education and baseline concussion testing
- Protecting Youth Athletes from Abuse
INITIATIVE TWO: ACCESS TO SPORTS
- Access to play sports by helping pay for participation fees
- Collection of sports equipment to provide for athletes and organizations that cannot supply sufficient equipment
- Tickets to sporting events provided to organizations that have children that do not often get that experience.
DIVERSITY, EQUALITY AND INCLUSION
- Adaptive Sports
- Women in Sports
- Minorities in Sports
Each of these areas will receive substantial attention and focus and we will immediately commence fundraising programs to support each of these three initiatives.
The Sports Philanthropy Network has been working closely with other sports nonprofits to launch these initiatives. We hope that you will assist our mission by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
JOIN THE SPORTS PHILANTHROPY NETWORK OR DONATE NOW
We encourage you to join our Webinars each week. Our topics have generated a lot of interest and we continue to explore additional ways to support our Network during this crisis. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
In response to the COVID-19 Crisis, we have responded:
- Hosting Webinars every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Creating a COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Increasing our production schedule to release a Podcast every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during the coronavirus crisis.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
RESOURCE PAGE for services, programs and ideas that are available to organizations during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we ramped up our production and distribution schedule to bring you three Podcasts each week.
See our full list of Podcasts here!!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING MAY 3, 2020
- May 4, 2020—MLB Players Alumni Association Seeks to Replace Lost Revenue Through Open Sponsorship
- May 2, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast S2:EP30 Mary Morten
- May 2, 2020—Project Play: Call For Coaches
- May 2, 2020—Sharks Sports and Entertainment COVID-19 Relief Fund
- May 1, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar #15: Dana Magnus–Ethical Marketing for Your Nonprofit
- May 1, 2020—Innovative partnership helps Jefferson High School soccer team combat cycle of poverty
- May 1, 2020—US Association of Blind Athletes Mental Health Month Poster
- April 30, 2020–-Sports Philanthropy Podcast S2:EP29 Jeremy Wolf
- April 30, 2020—How will youth sports return to play? USOPC offers first glimpse.
- April 30, 2020—Ex-MLB star Omar Vizquel: Let health experts decide return of youth sports
- April 30, 2020—These youth sports coaches are fighting to keep kids engaged and active even as leagues are dormant
- April 29, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar #14: Elizabeth Finlayson–Fundraising
- April 29, 2020—Kyle Juszczyk donates meals to front line fighters
- April 29, 2020—Families who work out together thrive together
- April 29, 2020—Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report: Youth Organizations Seeking Answers
- April 29, 2020—Play Ball: New Model For Baseball Season Simulation
- April 28, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast S2:EP28 Joe Hewitt
- April 28, 2020—National Recreation and Park Association Path to Recovery
- April 28, 2020—What is a Blind Paralympian To Do
- April 28, 2020—Ex-Wolverine Dhani Jones raises money, hope with Instagram chats
- April 27, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar #13: Players Philanthropy Fund re: Fiscal Sponsorships
- April 27, 2020—Fabletics donates profits to Blessings in a Backpack
- April 27, 2020—Laurent Duvernay-Tardif Reflects on COVID-19
- April 27, 2020—Support for Young People More Crucial Than Ever, say Charities
- April 27, 2020—Private vs. Public Sport Development
- April 26, 2020—Olympian Mindset: Refocus, Redirect and get Ready
- April 26, 2020—Justin Rose supports Blessings in a Backpack
- April 25, 2020—Pathway to Paralympic Medal Included Agonizing Leg Amputation Decision for High Jumper Sam Grewe
- April 24, 2020—How COVID-19 Is Changing Our Perspective on Playgrounds
- April 23, 2020—Disabled Sports USA #AdaptatHome: Unpacking the Mental Game
- April 23, 2020—Roy Kessel for the Team Marketing Report Sports Philanthropy Spotlight: NFL Draft Leads Latest Creative Philanthropic Efforts
- April 20, 2020—Power of Play for Undocumented Children
- April 15, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Normal
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
For more details, please visit our Event Calendar
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!