As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to wreak havoc on the sports world we continue in our efforts to cover those who are still out in the communities doing work. As all of us in this space know, the needs of the individuals served by our programs do not stop. We have an obligation to continue to provide the types of services that make such a different in so many lives!
We hope you will join us this week, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, for our Suburban Chicago Happy Hour. You can see the details and register at the link below.
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We have a special EARLY BIRD rate valid which expires March 31, 2020. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
- March 11, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Network Suburban Happy Hour, Northbrook, IL
- March 12, 2020–Building a Robust Fundraising Team (Webinar)
- March 13, 2020–The She Suite Summit
- March 19, 2020–NFLPA Chicago Chapter Meeting
- March 21, 2020–Special Olympics Chicago Pilot Class
- March 21, 2020–Play for a Purpose (Charity Hockey Event for Players against Hate), Springfield, VA
- March 23-24, 2020 Sharper Executive Training Seminar
- March 26, 2020–Jaws Youth Playbook’s Read Across America Book Drive, Philadelphia, PA
- March 27, 2020–Future of Sports…if Designed by Women, Aspen Institute, Washington DC
- March 28, 2020–Special Olympics Community Event–Chicago
- March 31, 2020–Networking for a Cause with Desmond Clark at Roof, Chicago, IL
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can make sure that they are included!
SUBURBAN CHICAGO HAPPY HOUR, MARCH 11, 2020
For more details, please visit our Event Calendar
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
See our full list of Podcasts here!!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING MARCH 9, 2020
- March 9, 2020—State of Diversity and Inclusion in NBA Front Offices
- March 9, 2020—This is what pro sports, youth sports and e-sports need to to to manage coronavirus
- March 8, 2020—JOB POSTING–Dare2Tri Marketing and Development Intern
- March 7, 2020—School nurse, staff, save life of 10 year old girl
- March 7, 2020—Child donates all his birthday money to help other kids
- March 7, 2020—Chicago High School Athletic Trainer honored for International Women’s Day
- March 6, 2020—Anxiety, Depression Can Be Eased with 150 Minutes of Exercise a Week
- March 5, 2020—Nominate that Special Coach and Parent for NAYS Awards
- March 5, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST: Angel Lopez, NFL Alumni
- March 5, 2020—Community Sessions focus on dangers of sports specialization
- March 5, 2020—Tony Robbins raises $18M for charity with 60th birthday bash
- March 4, 2020—NJ Sports Governing Body launches mental health initiative
- March 4, 2020—Exploring Disability Politics and “Four Freedoms” for People with Disabilities
- March 4, 2020—Shaping a Collective Voice for Chicago Philanthropy
- March 4, 2020—Islanders Hold Women in Sports Panel Discussion
- March 3, 2020—Instrumental Philanthropy, Nonprofit Theory, and Information Costs
- March 3, 2020—Nominations for Billie Jean King Youth Leadership Award
- March 2, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST: Jeff Golner, STEM Sports
- March 2, 2020—Girls in the Game celebrates 25th anniversary of empowering young girls through sports
- March 2, 2020—In Canada, the cost of Youth Hockey Benches the Next Generation
- March 2, 2020—Dancer is promoting ballet in poor communities in the most inspiring way
- March 2, 2020—Playing Sports for the Blind can be an eye-opening experience
- March 2, 2020—Brooklyn Nets to Host 4th Annual Pride Night
- March 2, 2020—Black History Month a time to inform, educate and inspire, says Kim Davis, Executive VP, NHL
- March 2, 2020—Three-quarters of UK would rather money spent on grassroots sport than Olympic medals
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!