Join our host Roy Kessel for Episode 8 of Season 2 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as he sits down with Jeff Golner to talk about the impact of STEM education and how it has the potential to engage kids in a way that is rarely seen.
STEM Sports develops curriculum which is customized to each sport and gives organizations and schools the opportunity to engage their students by using real-life examples. Kids love learning about the STEM principles in a sports environment and the examples drive home the importance and relevance of the STEM elements.
HIGHLIGHTS OF JEFF’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background of his education and sport experience
- 01:45 Creation of curriculum
- 03:15 Sports business experience and motivation
- 09:00 Transitioning into the STEM work
- 17:30 Sports as the catalyst of edcation
- 19:30 Incorporating jobs into curriculum
- 25:30 Use of real life examples in development of curriculum
- 33:30 Home Court basketball
- 35:50 First love of sports
- 39:00 STEM Football
- 40:00 Jeff as NBA Commissioner