We mourn as a country
The events transpiring in our country this past week are painful. The anger, hatred and divisiveness is an ongoing problem. We are committed to bring a platform for those who want a voice. We are committed to inspiring meaningful and lasting change.
We invite you to participate in our Town Hall meeting on July 1, 2020 and to continue the hard work that comes after the immediate outcry and protests have ceased.
We launched our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion initiative to specifically address this type of issue. We hope that you will contribute to that initiative support these efforts.
The ask you to consider becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these initiatives.
In addition to our fundraising efforts, we encourage you to join our weekly Webinars. Our topics have generated a lot of interest and we continue to explore additional ways to support our Network during this crisis. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
As a result of many states opening up some of their operations as well as the fact that many of us are “Zoomed-out” or turning into “Zoombies“, we have adjusted our schedule going forward. We are glad that we were able to serve so many organizations as we went through the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING JUNE 1, 2020
- May 24, 2020–Best of Batch Scholarship Applications due May 29, 2020
- May 23, 2020–Kerri Walsh Jennings on Being a Great Teammate
- May 23, 2020–For Youth Sports Organizers, the right call has never been more elusive or important
- May 23, 2020–CDC Considerations for Youth Sports
- May 22, 2020–Favre Saga Highlights Risks Athletes Face in Charitable Endeavors–Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report by Roy Kessel
- May 22, 2020–Baseball in Nicaragua suspended for three weeks after Coach’s death from COVID-19
- May 22, 2020–Florida lifting all restrictions on youth activities, including athletics and summer camps
- May 22, 2020–Miami-Dade ready to let summer camps open June 8 after DeSantis drops Florida restrictions
- May 22, 2020–NCAA Survey shows student-athletes grappling with mental health issues
- May 21, 2020–Business vs. Safety: USSSA guidelines for travel sports raise concerns
- May 21, 2020–Bo Jackson All-in-Challenge Fishing Trip
- May 21, 2020–Aspen Institute Webinar: Coronavirus and Youth Sports: The Path Forward
- May 21, 2020–Von Miller Super Bowl to benefit Vons Vision 58 Foundation with Von Sacks COVID initiative
- May 21, 2020–The importance of continuing children’s education and activity during COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 21, 2020–NAYS COVID-19 Youth Sports Resources
- May 20, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Webinar, David Meltzer, Sports 1 Marketing
- May 20, 2020–Two Ways To Be A Good Teammate in an Individual Sport
- May 20, 2020–National Sports Center announces all planned tournaments and leagues cancelled through July 2020
- May 20, 2020–Why youth sports may have an easier time returning to action than the pros
- May 19, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Podcast, Chris Hartweg, Team Marketing Report
- May 19, 2020–NFHS releases return-to-play guidelines for high school sports
- May 19, 2020–PCA Online Course for Youth Athletes
- May 19, 2020–NFL Makes Bold New Steps to Enhance Diversity
- May 19, 2020–Guidance for State Associations to Consider in Reopening High School athletics and other activities
- May 19, 2020–Sudden Cardiac Arrest: Prepare volunteers to step up if this life threatening emergency strikes
- May 19, 2020–“Nobody saw this coming”: Mega-complexes desperate to welcome youth sports back
- May 18, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Newsstand, May 18, 2020
- May 18, 2020–76ers Tobias Harris to help 12 families pay mortgages amid COVID-19
- May 17, 2020—Aspen Institute Return to Play Risk Assessment
- May 16, 2020—Rico No Suave 100th Episode featuring Roy Kessel, Founder of the Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 15, 2020–Recess is Necessary (Playworks)
- May 8, 2020—Ethical Leaders Live featuring Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Network Founder
- April 29, 2020–Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report: Youth Organizations Seeking Answers
- April 29, 2020–Play Ball: New Model For Baseball Season Simulation
- April 23, 2020–Roy Kessel for the Team Marketing Report Sports Philanthropy Spotlight: NFL Draft Leads Latest Creative Philanthropic Efforts
- April 15, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Normal
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!