New Initiatives Lead the Way
Earlier this month, we launched three new Sports Philanthropy Network initiatives on Giving Tuesday. We are excited to proceed with these efforts in order to allow us to support the organizations in our Network in these key areas.
Each of these areas will receive substantial attention and focus and we will immediately commence fundraising programs to support each of these three initiatives.
We hope that you will assist our mission by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
In addition to our fundraising efforts, we encourage you to join our Webinars each week. Our topics have generated a lot of interest and we continue to explore additional ways to support our Network during this crisis. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
As a result of many states opening up some of their operations as well as the fact that many of us are “Zoomed-out” or turning into “Zoombies“, we have adjusted our schedule going forward. We are glad that we were able to serve so many organizations as we went through the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- Creating a COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING MAY 18, 2020
- May 18, 2020—What People With Disabilities Need From Foundations (Letters to the Editor)
- May 18, 2020—Bikes are having a moment: Kids turn to riding durinig COVID-19
- May 17, 2020—Aspen Institute Return to Play Risk Assessment
- May 17, 2020–All Stars Helping Kids Rapid Response Fund
- May 16, 2020—Rico No Suave 100th Episode featuring Roy Kessel, Founder of the Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 16, 2020—Return to Play or Not? A Thorny Question for Youth Sports
- May 16, 2020–LeBron James’ message to the class of 2020
- May 16, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast-S2:EP35-David Cohn, First Tee Southeast Wisconsin
- May 16, 2020–Mental Toughness Means the Ability to Focus on the Next Play
- May 15, 2020–Twitter CEO Dorsey to donate $10 million so every Oakland kid has a computer, internet access
- May 15, 2020–Education technology company Everfi sees growing opportunity in sports
- May 15, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar–Kevin Nemetz, Tix4Cause
- May 15, 2020–Youth sports, MN Governor working toward return to play
- May 15, 2020–Coronavirus: New youth baseball, softball guidelines include face coverings, distancing
- May 15, 2020–What’s next for youth sports now that Wisconsin is slowly reopening?
- May 15, 2020–How schools can approach recess in the 2020 school year
- May 15, 2020—AAU Postpones junior volleyball championships to mid-July, citing safety and welfare of all members
- May 15, 2020–Steve Bisciotti’s Foundation Donates $1 Million to Support Maryland Food Bank
- May 14, 2020–Health experts: Travel games should be the last to return in youth sports
- May 14, 2020–Questions abound as states eye reopening some youth sports
- May 14, 2020–Some youth sports teams are back on the field in Atlanta–and parents aren’t happy.
- May 14, 2020–Engaging youth players a collective effort
- May 13, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar–David Bookstaff, SportsBrain–Concussion Management and Baseline Testing
- May 13, 2020–Organizers, Parents Concerned Youth Sports Programs Will Fold Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 13, 2020–State of Oregon exploring guidelines for youth sports return
- May 13, 2020–Why More Mothers Should Coach Youth Sports
- May 13, 2020–Wimbledon does it’s bit in a battle against COVID-19
- May 13, 2020–The US Department of State’s sport diplomacy stays the course
- May 12, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast–S2:EP34–Lisa Pugliese LaCroix–Love Serving Autism
- May 12, 2020–Coronavirus locks down dreams of athletes and famileis who counted on sports scholarships
- May 12, 2020–50% of parents fear kids will get sick by returning to sports
- May 12, 2020–Special Olympics Research Published in the Official Journal of the American Association on Health and Disability
- May 12, 2020–Playworks: Work Play Balance
- May 11, 2020–Next Step in Promoting Equity in Nonprofits: Chief Equity Officers
- May 11, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar–Jay Pollack, Laraus Wealth Strategies–Using Life Insurance for nonprofits
- May 11, 2020–Choosing to Do Youth Sports Better When They Reopen
- May 11, 2020–How a golf caddie academy got low-income kids into college
- May 11, 2020–The Virus Could Be the Cure for College Sports
- May 11, 2020–Nebraska Youth Sports Return in June
- May 11, 2020–USA Wheelchair Football League 101: Move United Virtual Leadership Conference
- May 11, 2020–Move United Inclusion Panel: How to Establish an Inclusive Framework
- May 11, 2020–No Kid Hungry and Washington Nationals Philanthropies issue $100,000 in grants to MD, VA schools
- May 9, 2020–All Stars Helping Kids Digital Divide stats
- May 8, 2020—Ethical Leaders Live featuring Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Network Founder
- May 6, 2020–The COVID-19 Risks–Know Them–Avoid Them
- May 4, 2020–Missy Franklin joins board of Indian NGO that empowers women.
- May 3, 2020–How Decorated Olympian Lauryn Williams Gives Back to Today’s Athletes With Financial Business
- April 29, 2020–Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report: Youth Organizations Seeking Answers
- April 29, 2020–Play Ball: New Model For Baseball Season Simulation
- April 23, 2020–Roy Kessel for the Team Marketing Report Sports Philanthropy Spotlight: NFL Draft Leads Latest Creative Philanthropic Efforts
- April 18, 2020—Tampa Bay Lightning Employee productive protective masks using 3D printer
- April 15, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Normal
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!