Black Players for Change named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year
Black Players for Change (BPC) have been named the 2020 MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year, Major League Soccer announced Tuesday. BPC consists of over 170 MLS players, coaches, and staff and works to advance the attention on human rights inequalities from protest to programs, partnerships and policies that address systemic racism. BPC has worked with MLS, Adidas, and US Soccer and has made a significant impact in the soccer community and beyond through partnerships, programs, and the organization of protests prior to matches.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 14, 2020
- December 13, 2020–Retired Professional Football Players of Chicago Charity Poker Tournament
- December 13, 2020–Texas School for the Deaf wins first state title
- December 13, 2020–Chicago Tennis Patrons
- December 12, 2020–Legacy After The Locker Room Podcast S1:E25–Tyree S Washington, NFL Veteran, Track & Field Champ, Author, Speaker
- December 12, 2020–5 Character Development Benefits Available Through Sports
- December 11, 2020–2021 Internships
- December 11, 2020–NFL Hosts Fifth Careers in Football Forum for HBCU Students
- December 11, 2020–Touchdown for Humanity: George Koonce teams up for Human Rights
- December 11, 2020–Team USA Council on Racial and Social Justice
- December 11, 2020–Flourishing Amidst Covid: If Camus (and Aristotle) Were Your Coach
- December 11, 2020–Lowndes High School awards letterman jackets to Special Olympics athletes
- December 10, 2020–10 Reasons Why Athletics Have Become a Beacon of Hope
- December 10, 2020–8 Coaching Qualities Athletic Directors Expect And Look For In Coaches
- December 10, 2020–Niwot HS Student-athletes Strengthen Character & Leadership While Seasons Postponed
- December 10, 2020–Patrick Mahomes’ 15 and the Mahomies Foundation announce 15 new grants totaling $250,000
- December 10, 2020–Athletes For Human Rights, Peace And Inclusion
- December 10, 2020–Georgia Football Coach Repeatedly Punches 9-Year-Old Player in Viral Video
- December 10, 2020–Nominees for Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award
- December 8, 2020–Black Players for Change named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year
- December 8, 2020–Youth sports’ response to COVID-19 has failed. Here’s what we need to do now
- December 8, 2020–MLS Good Sports Sweepstakes
- December 7, 2020–Meet Your 2020 Sportsperson of the Year Winners: Patrick Mahomes
- December 7, 2020–Coronavirus & Youth Sports, Project Play Resources
- December 7, 2020–Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation Virtual Auction
- December 7, 2020–Athletes’ Voices at Harvard — Pitch for Change: Mental Health & Well-being
- December 7, 2020–First-Ever CA Club Tackle Football League
- December 6, 2020–Understanding Trauma’s Impact on Behavior
- December 6, 2020–Last Week’s Newsstand
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!