New York Jets Take Big Step for Social Justice
The New York Jets are donating $250,000 to four separate organizations: Year Up; the New York Urban League, the Innocence Project, and the All Stars Project’s Operation Conversation: Cops & Kids. This initiative has been carefully planned over the last six months by the Jets’ Social Justice, Diversity and Inclusion Team. The Jets also don’t simply want to make a statement by sending donations out, but want to get involved, commit money as well as manpower and volunteer hours, and contribute to effective and positive change.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
JOIN THE SPORTS PHILANTHROPY NETWORK OR DONATE NOW
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
See our full list of Podcasts here!!
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 28, 2020
- December 28, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Network Internships
- December 28, 2020–Executive Director Mastermind Training
- December 28, 2020–Year End Fundraising Appeal
- December 26, 2020–Kids’ Minds Matter
- December 26, 2020–New York Jets partnering with four organizations as next step in social justice initiative
- December 25, 2020–NFL players take leading role on social justice front
- December 23, 2020–First Tee Chicago New Facility
- December 23, 2020–Milwaukee County Sees 200% Increase In Homicides Involving Teenagers
- December 22, 2020–How COVID-19 in 2020 Could Impact the Future of Sports
- December 22, 2020–Vail Valley-based CFC Collective honored for Giving Games
- December 22, 2020–Malcolm Mitchell in conversation with Jeff Kinney
- December 22, 2020–Jrue Holiday donates part of salary to small businesses
- December 22, 2020–Reimagining School Sports in America
- December 21, 2020–Los Angeles Rams players participate in ‘Giving Tuesday’ by awarding $750,000 to local social justice non-profits
- December 21, 2020–When Black Monday leads to more white coaches: How will the NFL tackle its diversity problem?
- December 21, 2020–NBA Player Norman Powell Donates $100K To Families In Need
- December 21, 2020–Last Week’s Newsstand
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
For more details, please visit our Event Calendar
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!