State of West Virginia Donates $4 Million for High School Extracurriculars
The West Virginia Department of Education, along with Governor Jim Justice, have allocated $4 million that will be distributed to schools all across the state for sports, clubs, and other extracurriculars. The Extracurricular Equity Fund is based on student enrollment and allocates $50 to each school per student. Local athletic directors and administrators are extremely grateful for the extra help as these schools have lost a lot of potential funds the past year.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 21, 2020
- December 21, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Network Internships
- December 19, 2020–Pirates Charities Teams With Josh Gibson Foundation To Deliver Christmas Gifts
- December 19, 2020–Gov. Justice, WV Dept. of Education announce $4 Million to help high school extracurricular programs
- December 17, 2020–Packers donate $250,000 to UW-Green Bay for Willie Davis business lab focused on investments
- December 17, 2020–Race in America: Can Cops as Coaches in Youth Sports Offer Some Healing?
- December 17, 2020–Former National Ian Desmond announces his new charity
- December 17, 2020–Israeli Para-Sports and the Israel Sports Center for the Disabled
- December 17, 2020–Are high school sports in need of radical reform? And if so, how can it be done?
- December 16, 2020–Raiders Foundation Community Investment Grant
- December 14, 2020–When Coaches Communicate Effectively, Athletes Believe In The Message
- December 14, 2020–Kathryn Nesbitt becomes the first woman to referee a championship match in professional men’s sports in North America
- December 14, 2020–U.S. Athletes Will Be Allowed To Peacefully Protest At The Olympics
- December 14, 2020–Yeshiva University student makes custom cleats for pro athletes — on Instagram
- December 14, 2020–Toyota Reaffirms Commitment to U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Dreams
- December 13, 2020–Last Week’s Newsstand
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!