Sports Stars Making a Social Impact: How Former NHL Pro Brent Sopel Is Helping Students With Dyslexia
Brent Sopel, NHL Stanley Cup Winner and Dyslexia Advocate was spotlighted in a recent interview discussing his career and his work post-retirement. Brent’s life aspiration is to bring awareness of Dyslexia, help those who suffer from the disorder and to help make a positive change for those who need it most. Three years ago, he founded the Brent Sopel Foundation for Dyslexia to provide financial and educational assistance to help students with Dyslexia to fulfill their potential through early detection and intervention. He also provides mentoring and does speaking engagements as well. In addition, he recently released a documentary, Brent Sopel: Here to Change the World, to provide hope to other dyslexics.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 2, 2020
- October 31, 2020–Legacy After The Locker Room Podcast S1:E19–Terrence Wheatley, former cornerback, New England Patriots
- October 29, 2020–Building Your Nonprofit’s Capacities Using Consultants
- October 29, 2020–Sports Stars Making a Social Impact: How Former NHL Pro Brent Sopel Is Helping Students With Dyslexia
- October 28, 2020–Professional Athletes Reimagine Education And Health Through Partnerships To Launch New Schools
- October 28, 2020–2021 Super Bowl Breakfast, The Bart Starr Award
- October 28, 2020–Experts link thousands of Minnesota COVID-19 cases to sports
- October 28, 2020–Experts dismiss survey claiming no extra risk of virus through sports
- October 28, 2020–Last Week’s Newsstand
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!