Sports Philanthropy World One Week Away
Great speakers are being added every day. Today, we confirmed Benita Fitzgerald Mosley, League Apps, a Gold Medal winner and former CEO of Laureus USA, as well as Renata Simril, CEO/President of the LA84 Foundation.
Previsously we announced former NFL Running Back Warrick Dunn will join us for the Opening Keynote and a special conversation with Darrin Gray, CMO of Athletes in Action. After a career with Tampa Bay and Atlanta, Warrick has been one of the leaders and role models demonstrating how great of an impact athletes can have by using their fame, skills and business relationships for the power of good.
In addition, Troy Vincent, Executive VP of the NFL will be one of our Main Stage panelists on the Leagues and Teams Panel at Sports Philanthropy World. At press time, we have over 350 participants representing 34 states and 29 countries and 253 organizations.
Last week we launched our POP Pitch initiative. POP is an acronym for Power Of Purpose. Nonprofits are going to be given a special opportunity to present their program to to judges who will provide immediate feedback on their pitch. Selected organizations will get this opportunity to compete in addition to FREE coaching sessions. In addition, we will help them establish a crowd-sourced fund raising initiative to support their cause.
The lineup for Sports Philanthropy World has been posted on our site and you can see the complete details and timeline for each of our seven tracks of programming.
In case you missed our Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform on July 1st, you can now watch the videos! Please make sure to take our survey after you watch the videos!!
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 26, 2020
- October 26, 2020–Sports Philanthropy World TODAY & TOMORROW
- October 24, 2020–Most school-associated COVID-19 cases in Shelby County are sports-related, officials say
- October 24, 2020–Saints’ Michael Thomas turns a $20,000 donation into $2 million to help erase medical debt
- October 23, 2020–New Study Shows Less Than One Percent of Foundations Have Any People with Disabilities on Full-Time Staff
- October 23, 2020–Youth Sports Take a Punch From The Pandemic
- October 22, 2020–Legacy After the Locker Room with Kayla J Bradham–All Episodes
- October 22, 2020–The Aspen Institute: State of Play 2020
- October 22, 2020–US Olympic & Paralympic Foundation Raises Over $1.4 Million for Covid Athlete Assistance Fund, Extends Supplemental Financial Aid to More than 1,200 Team USA Athletes
- October 22, 2020–Surge in COVID-19 cases means fewer Minnesota schools meet in-person rules
- October 21, 2020–Westchester Adds School Mask Mandate, Evaluates Youth Sports Amid Case Increase
- October 21, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E19–Chris Lesner, Project World Impact
- October 20, 2020–Edward Charles Foundation, Fiscal Sponsorship Fund
- October 20, 2020–Bucks to participate in third Team Up for Change event beginning Wednesday
- October 19, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E18–Donna Orender, Generation W
- October 19, 2020–The Sports Shed Chicago Spotlight
- October 19, 2020–The Sports Shed
- October 19, 2020–Last Week’s Newsstand
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!