Sports Philanthropy World Extends
Early Bird to October 11, 2020
Sports Philanthropy World is growing each day. At press time, we already have 170 participants representing 25 states and 17 countries. Keep checking the ticker on our Sports Philanthropy World page for the latest numbers. We continue to add outstanding speakers to a lineup which already includes Richard Lapchick, David Meltzer and Leigh Steinberg. Check this space next week for some more exciting announcements. The updated lineup of speakers and sessions will be released on October 5, 2020. Our programming tracks and workshops are another way to engage with our audience and our interactive platform is crucial to letting you connect with people from across the world.
In case you missed our Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform on July 1st, you can now watch the videos! Please make sure to take our survey after you watch the videos!!
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Since many states are opening up operations, we adjusted our schedule going forward. We are happy that we were able to serve so many organizations during the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis and we look forward to having you as part of our Network.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Combat Racism Resource Page (Coming Soon)
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 27, 2020
- September 28, 2020–Billie Jean King: This is a powerful moment for athletes creating change through sports
- September 28, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E14-Darren Tessitore, Drug Free World
- September 27, 2020–Rodney McLeod NFLPA Community MVP
- September 27, 2020–First Tee Greater Chicago Spotlight
- September 27, 2020–Cheerleading has a list of people banned from the sport. It was missing 74 convicted sex offenders
- September 27, 2020–Special Olympics Chicago Family Bowling
- September 27, 2020–Miami Dolphins Food Relief Program
- September 27, 2020–Children’s cardiomyopathy: What you need to know
- September 26, 2020–Imerman Angels Virtual Gala
- September 26, 2020–United States Association of Blind Athletes, Jake Olsen
- September 26, 2020–Race, Sport & Social Change: Learning with Team USA, Tickets
- September 26, 2020–Richard Sherman and the work of a modern athlete
- September 25, 2020–The 76ers display their leadership diversity and focus on branding by naming women to head marketing and revenue
- September 25, 2020–How can sport be used to address challenges faced by refugees?
- September 25, 2020–Beyond Sports House From Home 2020
- September 25, 2020–San Jose Sharks Voter HQ
- September 25, 2020–Get Uncomfortable Campaign
- September 25, 2020–Miami Marlins Foundation
- September 25, 2020–HBCU Week Foundation
- September 25, 2020–Former NFL Players Getting out the Vote in Communities
- September 25, 2020–US Open Art Exhibit
- September 25, 2020–Optimizing the Post-COVID Fan Experience
- September 25, 2020–Ron Jaworski Jaws Youth Playbook Bike Drive
- September 24, 2020–SPN Podcast: S3:E13-Aron Levinson, Baseball Humanitarian
- September 24, 2020–Understanding the Pain and Trauma of Black America
- September 23, 2020–The Winning Element, with Mindset Performance Coach Deanna Schneyer
- September 23, 2020–MBA Student Erik Robeznieks Aims to Make Collegiate Sports More Inclusive
- September 23, 2020–Brent Sopel: Here to Change the World
- September 22, 2020–Kids and Masks
- September 21, 2020–The Aspen Institute Project Play Summit 2020
- September 21, 2020–National Alliance for Youth Sports Virtual Congress
- September 21, 2020–MLB, MLBPA commit $10M for programs aimed at increasing Black participation
- September 20, 2020–The Legacy after the Locker-Room Podcast
- September 20, 2020–Sports Philanthropy World Registration. Early Bird Rate Expires September 30th!
- September 19, 2020–SPN NFL Team Spotlight: Baltimore Ravens
- September 19, 2020–Be All In
- September 19, 2020–Burrow Follows Through on First Throw With Hunger Fund
- September 18, 2020–PCA Roundtable Series: Sports Can Battle Racism
- September 17, 2020–Council Approves $1,550,000 in Special Appropriations to Support the Youth Sports Initiative
- September 17, 2020–IPC and International Disability Alliance to Sign Cooperation Agreement
- September 16, 2020–NAYS Recognized by President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition
- September 16, 2020–What Makes a Great Teammate?
- September 16, 2020–Financial Hardships is a Top Risk Factor for Suicide Attempts
- September 15, 2020–Thought the World of Youth Sports was Tough Before? It’s Worse During a Pandemic
- September 15, 2020–The Aspen Institute Project Play Summit 2020
- September 14, 2020–LSU Athletes, Coaches March For Racial Justice as Athletic Department Displays Support
- September 14, 2020–Women’s Roller Derby Offers Plan for How Youth Sports Can Return
- September 14, 2020–Make Inclusion a Core Part of Your Strategic Priorities
- September 13, 2020–Mindfulness for Mental Wellness
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!