The Power of Sport
The protests have taken center stage for this past week. Unfortunately, we have seen opportunists and looters who have diluted the true message with their activities.
The core message remains. Black Lives Matter.
We must do better as a society. We must listen. We must act.
On Giving Tuesday, we launched our initiative to support Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. This is one of our core values and one we believe overlays everything we do at the Sports Philanthropy Network.
Last week we announced a Town Hall Meeting on Racism, Tolerance and Reform. We want this to be the launching pad of an ongoing conversation and task force that will work in this space to create meaningful and lasting changes in the policing system and beyond.
We hope that you will join us for this special event on July 1, 2020. You can see the current lineup of participants here, but we are continuing to recruit more voices and more perspectives in order to create a diverse conversation.
All donations between now and July 1, 2020 will be earmarked towards programs under our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion initiative. We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS TO COMBAT RACISM
As we head into the next stage of recovery, your support of our mission to build stronger, healthier and more inclusive communities through sports will be more important than ever. So many kids are at home with sports, without equipment and without the access to facilities. By looking at all of the ways you can support our initiatives, we are confident that you can find a way to contribute to our mission.
The easiest way you can do this is by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
JOIN THE SPORTS PHILANTHROPY NETWORK OR DONATE NOW
In addition to our fundraising efforts, we encourage you to join our weekly Webinars, follow us on social media and participate in the conversations!
Since many states are opening up operations, we adjusted our schedule going forward. We are happy that we were able to serve so many organizations during the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis and we look forward to having you as part of our Network.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
RESOURCE PAGE for services, programs and ideas that are available to organizations during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
See our full list of Podcasts here!!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING June 8, 2020
- June 8, 2020–Why the time is now to coach mental health in youth sports
- June 8, 2020–Study shows future of safety for youth sports in wake of COVID-19
- June 7, 2020–Kim Davis, Q&A: NHL Executive VP speaks on racism, inclusivity in hockey
- June 7, 2020–Edwin Moses on racism in football and athletes speaking out
- June 7, 2020–Beyond Sports Workshop Week
- June 6, 2020–Rogue NFL Employee helped black players make “Black Lives Matter” video
- June 6, 2020–Hank Aaron inspired by youth, athletes, speaking out
- June 5, 2020–Household Help: Tips for combatting stress and anxiety during pandemic
- June 5, 2020–Kevin Love making changes to his charity to address inequality and racism
- June 4, 2020–Youth sports can being to resume in Massachusetts during Phase 2 of the reopening plan.
- June 3, 2020–Missouri football players register to vote after leading march
- June 3, 2020–A Country in Crisis: Youth recreational sports serves important role moving forward
- June 2, 2020–YMCA Adapting and Adjusting to World Without Sports
- June 2, 2020–Too soon or the right time? The return of some club sports in Texas and the common issue everyone is grappling with
- June 2, 2020–Athletic Director U Invitation: Taking Action in Times of Critical Change: Town Hall, June 12, 2020, 2 pm CT
- June 1, 2020–Aspen Institute Webinar: Prioritizing Life Skills as We Return to Play–June 10, 2020, 11 am CT
- June 1, 2020–U.S. Soccer advises phased return to play, no youth travel tournaments
- June 1, 2020–Iowa prep baseball, softball teams begin practice with new measures in place
- June 1, 2020–Blackhawks’ Jonathan Toews pens emotional Instagram Post in Aftermath of George Floyd’s Death
- June 1, 2020–Clear2Play offering free COVID safety for your organization
- June 1, 2020–DC Football Club: A Club for the City creates Open Goal Project to make soccer free of charge for players.
- May 31, 2020–Athlete’s Outpouring on Civil Unrest Rekindles Kaepernick Debate in NFL
- May 29, 2020–When kids go back to school, recess should be a priority
- May 28, 2020–Path back to playing fields for Arizona high school, youth sports, starts with baby steps
- May 27, 2020–Miami Dolphins, Stephen Ross pledge up to $3 million to provide at least 1,000 meals daily
- SOME FAVORITES FROM PAST WEEKS
- May 22, 2020–Favre Saga Highlights Risks Athletes Face in Charitable Endeavors–Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report by Roy Kessel
- May 20, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Webinar, David Meltzer, Sports 1 Marketing
- May 17, 2020—Aspen Institute Return to Play Risk Assessment
- May 16, 2020—Rico No Suave 100th Episode featuring Roy Kessel, Founder of the Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 15, 2020–Recess is Necessary (Playworks)
- May 8, 2020—Ethical Leaders Live featuring Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Network Founder
- April 29, 2020–Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report: Youth Organizations Seeking Answers
- April 29, 2020–Play Ball: New Model For Baseball Season Simulation
- April 23, 2020–Roy Kessel for the Team Marketing Report Sports Philanthropy Spotlight: NFL Draft Leads Latest Creative Philanthropic Efforts
- April 15, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Norma
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
For more details, please visit our Event Calendar
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!