An incredible week ahead as we are in Miami for the Super Bowl. We had a chance to visit the NFL Experience, the Media Center and Radio Row. There is tremendous energy every year in the Super Bowl host city, but with Miami already being a hotbed of nightlife and parties, the end of this week promises to be wall-to-wall events.
The whole sports world was in shock yesterday after the news broke of Kobe Bryant’s helicopter crash. Tragic deaths of so many young people and an elite athlete who gave so much to the game of basketball. The challenge for many was balancing all of Kobe’s great work and ambassadorship with the allegations from Eagle, Colorado. For today, we are choosing to remember his great accomplishments and we will leave the debate on his legacy for another time.
This week in Miami there are dozens of events which have philanthropic impact. Dinners, golf, luncheons, award ceremonies and much more. We are excited to be here to cover all of these events and look forward to providing you with a full recap after the big game.
Enjoy the activities, contribute to your community, and take the time to be thankful for your life and everything you have!
If you are going to be in Miami this week, please reach out so that we can find a time to get together.
Roy Kessel (email@example.com
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We have a special EARLY BIRD rate valid which expires March 31, 2020. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
- January 25, 2020–Rockford Ice Hogs Autism Awareness Night
- February 7, 2020–Chicago Blackhawks Foundation WInterfest
- February 8, 2020–Simon’s Heart–Simon’s Soiree
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure that they are included!
SUPER BOWL 54 EVENT CALENDAR
For more details, please visit our Event Calendar
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
See our full list of Podcasts here!!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING JANUARY 26, 2020
- January 26, 2020–Simple Idea Big Idea for Cause: Souper Bowl (Joe Favorito)
- January 26, 2020–Atlanta Hawks Trae Young donates $1 Million for medical bills for families in need
- January 25, 2020–Aspen Institute runs the “Great Middle School Sports Search”
- January 25, 2020–Dear Youth Sports Parents: Only words your child needs to hear are “I love watching you play”
- January 24, 2020–George Kittle awards Super Bowl trip to family of fallen soldier
- January 23 2020–Special Needs Facility in Texas to cheer on Mahomes due to his prior visits
- January 23, 2020–Raiders pledge $500,000 to eliminate school lunch debt in Vegas
- January 23, 2020–NHL operates Black Hockey History Tour
- January 23, 2020–Hoops and Headscarves: Milwaukee girls basketball team shatters stereotypes
- January 22, 2020–Robert Whitaker drops out of UFC to donate bone marrow to daughter
- January 22, 2020–Meet kidney donor athlete Mark
- January 22, 2020–ImpactMatters.org rates organizations on impact instead of financial statements
- January 21, 2020–Patrick Mahomes didn’t stick to one sport; making him prime example of benefits of multi-sport participation
- January 21, 2020–Jameis Winston gives $50,000 to Miles College
- January 21, 2020–LeBron partners with Lyft to give bikes to teens
- January 21, 2020–Dunn Deal Youth adds 500 Athletes in Atlanta
- January 21, 2020–Vatican launches athletic team to promote sport as instrument of peace, dialogue and solidarity
- January 21, 2020–Prompt Thank You to Donors dramatically increases rates of retention
- January 21, 2020–Kids with Mentors55% more likely to attend college and 130% more likely to hold leadership positions
- January 20, 2020–Irish School skips homework to assign acts of kindness
- January 20, 2020–Kendell Coyne joins Blackhawks to serve as inspiration for next generation of girls
- January 20, 2020–Vikings Harrison Smith pledges funds for tackles
- January 20, 2020–ATP Aces Grants given to Nadal Foundation and Djokovic Foundation
- January 19, 2020–Athletes in Action to Host Super Bowl Breakfast Awards on February 1st
- January 19, 2020–Why Integrated, Adaptive Sports Should Matter to Everyone
- January 19, 2020–Poor kids 6 times more likely to quit sports due to cost
- January 19, 2020–New Jersey rink welcomes blind hockey league
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!