Join us for S4:EP11 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Stephanie Infante, president and founder of the Lindy Infante Foundation, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss her foundation’s dedication to providing access to sports to low-income communities.
Stephanie established the Lindy Infante Foundation in 2017. This was more than 20 years after getting a degree in physical therapy from Broward College in 1997. Now, she has partnerships with organizations like KIPP Columbus, Columbus Recreation and Parks, Boys & Girls Club of Columbus, LIFE Sports at the Ohio State University, Cristo Rey Columbus, and Girls on the Run. She also serves on the Board for Dublin Ohio Health and the Boys & Girls Club Columbus.
The Lindy Infante Foundation is a nonprofit organization, named after Gelindo “Lindy” Infante, who was an American college football player and assistant coach. It is to level the playing field and ensure no child misses out on sports because of costs. They are dedicated to opening the doors to all children regardless of the rising costs. They help in many ways, such as by giving scholarships and accepting donations. Their mission is to showcase the potential of each child by increasing access to sports.
HIGHLIGHTS OF STEPHANIE’S PODCAST
- 00:00: Introductions
- 00:50: How it All Started
- 02:15: How Stephanie Found Her Passion for Sports & Financial Constraints
- 05:25: Interest in Sports Medicine & Underreporting of Concussions
- 09:15: More About Lindy
- 12:50: How Lindy Inspired The Foundation
- 15:25: Boys & Girls Club
- 16:06: Funding
- 21:00: COVID’s Impact & Future Plans
- 25:45: Goals for the Foundation
- 33:25: Sports Philanthropy Network Bonus Question & Conclusions
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE
- Website: lindyinfantefoundation.org
- Twitter: @LiveLikeLindy
- LinkedIn: Stephanie Infante