Join us for S2:EP20 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as Danielle Berman, Tackle What’s Next, sits down with our host, Roy Kessel, to discuss the challenges #SportsPhilanthropy organizations have in a time of crisis. From communications to stakeholder engagement to activities for young athletes, the COVID-19 crisis has created new problems for every type of organization.
Danielle has dedicated her career to helping athletes understand their potential. Her focus on the athlete as an individual rather than a cog in the sports industry machine has created unique opportunities and impact in the sports space.
She has worked primarily with athletes, both current and retired, for nearly a decade and is passionate about helping them achieve their goals outside of sport.
Danielle also founded Tackle What Matters to educate athletes and nonprofits on how to work together to create social impact.
HIGHLIGHTS OF DANIELLE’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background and education
- 02:30 Prior work at Brewer Group
- 06:30 Importance of authenticity
- 10:00 How athlete’s are trained to use their voice
- 11:30 Training athletes to make an impact
- 18:00 Partnership with athletes
- 20:30 Starting your own nonprofit
- 25:30 Building a brand and a relationship with athlete
- 28:00 Name, Image, Likeness issues and control for NFP
- 31:00 Comprehensive risks
- 34:00 Last duration of a nonprofit
- 35:00 Bringing in the expertise
- 37:00 Athletes from other communities
- 39:30 What ties athletes to a particular cause
- 43:00 Danielle as Commissioner of MLB
Website & Social Media Links:
- Website: https://www.tacklewhatsnext.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tacklewhatsnext
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tacklewhatsnext
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tacklewhatsnext/