Join us for S4:EP22, a bonus episode of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Dr. Simon Le Clerc, managing director and founder of Player Support Services Ltd. sits down with Kayla Bradham to discuss his role as a key advisor to sporting organizations serving as a transition coach to professional athletes after retirement.
I offer confidential and bespoke 1:1 support for current & former professional athletes struggling to find fulfilment in life during and beyond sport.
I support and advise organisations and clubs on how to harness the power of the ‘human side’ of their athletes for all-round increases in performance.
I specialise in helping athletes find their ‘why’ and being just as successful in their next venture.
Passionate advocate of +ve mental health!
Player Support Services is a confidential and bespoke service that supports athletes and sportspeople throughout their career and life beyond professional sport. Simon and PSS can offer current athletes a number of different support services, and also work with clubs and organisations within the sporting world, with a key focus on improving athlete welfare. Additionally, PSS also offers specialist support for retiring and retired athletes, helping them to deal with the transition out of sport, which sports people often find challenging.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SIMON’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:44 How his passion for helping athletes developed and medical background in the military
- 02:10 PTSD diagnosis and how it affected him
- 04:40 Comparing to the pressure professional athletes experience
- 06:59 Finding that “adrenaline rush” to fulfill happiness
- 10:20 Why athletes may feel lost
- 11:50 Sponsor: Dugout Mugs (code Kayla30)
- 12:04 Thanking Sports Philanthropy Network (go to www.sportphilanthropynetwork.org)
- 12:14 Discussing athletes as commodities
- 14:25 Added pressure and negative perception of athletes
- 16:24 How Dr. Le Clerc plays his role as advisor
- 17:25 The sports industry and neglecting athletes
- 21:29 What Dr. Le Clerc is doing now to help rebrand athletes
- 25:35 How to reach Dr. Simon
- 27:53 Words of Wisdom
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE