Join us for S4:EP26 of the Legacy After the Locker Room Podcast as Dominic Militello, a career coach for athletes and former professional soccer player, sits down with Kayla Bradham to discuss keys to a successful career and future!
After hanging up his pro soccer cleats, Dominic Militello struggled mightily for many years to find his new career identity. Climbing his way to the highest levels of athletics was relatively easy compared to being a #stepdad, #husband, #provider, #father, and good #employee.
It took being separated from his family for almost two years, working in many different failed jobs in as many different industries and more than a few failed business projects before Dominic finally decided to become the captain of his own ship.
Career Coaching for Athletes was Dominic’s first attempt at becoming an entrepreneur where he discovered a deep passion and determination to assist former athletes in career transition.
Dominic has interviewed and worked with some of the world’s most prominent athletes, including 5-time World Boxing Champion – Evander Holyfield, NFL Leading Rusher – Maurice Jones-Drew, and Coaching Legend Bob Ladouceur (151-game winning streak).
Dominic’s Motto: “Just Say Thank You.”
HIGHLIGHTS OF DOMINIC’S PODCAST
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:07 What sports looked like for Dominic growing up
- 03:02 Playing D1 soccer in college
- 05:10 Dominic’s first professional soccer game
- 06:37 The end of his professional soccer career
- 08:07 Finding his identity and beliefs
- 13:37 Figuring out career passion
- 16:35 Who Dominic has coached
- 18:42 Sponsor: Dugout Mugs (Kayla30)
- 19:42 Keys to Success
- 25:57 Connect with Dominic
- 29:33 Autograph donation
- 30:40 Words of Wisdom
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND WEBSITE