As we head into the Thanksgiving week, there are so many people around our country and our world who are not able to share in this festive celebration. We encourage you to donate to Blessings in a Backpack or Basket Brigade, our two featured organizations that provide meals.
We had a great week at the Sports Philanthropy Network. Last weekend were in Buffalo to present to Project Play of Western New York and had the opportunity to meet over 75 people representing organizations across the region.
This week we are in Anaheim for meetings with many organizations and lining up speakers and sponsors for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020. We also had the opportunity to meet with LA Scores, AVP First and GOALS. Make sure to check back as we unveil Organizational Spotlights on each group and the outstanding work they are doing locally (LA Scores and GOALS) and across the country (AVP First).
Registration is now open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! We have a special SUPER EARLY BIRD rate valid through December 31, 2019. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
Sports Philanthropy Network is hosting our holiday event on December 10, 2019 in Chicago. We hope to see you there. Details will be released shortly.
- November 24, 2019–Chris Long’s Foundation’s Xs and Os to H20 (PA)
- November 29, 2019–Team 44 Pediatric Cancer Foundation Soccer (IL)
SUPER BOWL 54 EVENT CALENDAR
For more details on any of these events, please visit our Event Calendar
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
See more of our Podcasts here!!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 22, 2019
- November 21, 2019–15 and the Mahomes Foundation provides grants at inaugural gala
- November 21, 2019–Parents: Going to All of Your Kids’ Games Matters More Than You Know
- November 20, 2019–Israeli project could earn global Peace and Sport award
- November 20, 2019–PODCAST: Mitch “Thunder” Nelles, Host of “It’s All Thunder” Podcast
- November 20, 2019–Arthur Blank Foundation grants $6.8 Million to Care.org’s Global Fight against poverty and to empower girls and women
- November 20, 2019--Importance of focusing on Mission at Board Meetings
- November 20, 2019–Barstool Sports donates $182,000 to help vets get mental health services.
- November 19, 2019–Aspen Institute to host: Future of College Sports: Government’s Role in Athlete Pay
- November 19, 2019–Happiness Comes for Giving and Helping, Not Buying and Having
- November 18, 2019–Touching Touchdown: Disabled teen’s dream comes true
- November 18, 2019–List of organizations donated to by Colin Kaepernick
- November 18, 2019–Golfer Brandon Matthews forgives Down Syndrome fan who yelled during critical shot
- November 17, 2019–Sabres host “Hockey Fights Cancer” Night
- November 17, 2019–Play Global’s Baseball For All program brings Israeli and Arab kids together
- November 17, 2019–Angels canned food drive scheduled for December 9th
- November 17, 2019–Bruins donate proceeds from 50/50 Raffle to Fallen Firefighter’s family
- November 17, 2019–GAME PLAN: A Love Story Between a Girl and her Sport
- November 17, 2019–Win, WIn, Win Newsletter
- November 16, 2019–I Changed My Body for My Sports. No girl should!
- November 16, 2019–FFVA Mutual Invitational benefits Orlando Sports Foundation.
- November 16, 2019–PK Subban shows he has not fogotten children in Montreal
- November 16, 2019–Ralph C. Wilson Legacy Fund opens grant applications
- November 16, 2019–Sudden Cardiac Arrest: Can Your Heart Just Stop?
- November 15, 2019–Blackhawks breakaway book donates proceeds to Chicago Blackhawks Foundation.
- November 15, 2019–Badger Football Player Helps Lost Fan With Disabilities
- November 15, 2019–Clemson Hotel hosts groundbreaking and prepares to employ Special Needs students
- November 15, 2019–JJ Watt donates all proceeds from new shoes to Honor Flight
- November 15, 2019–NBA Celebrate’s Deng’s work in native Senegal.
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK