The holiday week is often slow in terms of activities and events but it also gives all of us the opportunity to reflect on the year. Looking back at what we accomplished, where we came up short and how we aim to improve in the coming year is an important element of growth. Over the coming weeks we will share more with you about our vision for 2020, as well as recapping highlights from 2019. We thank each and every one of you for the support and encouragement you have given us during this past year. We look forward to having you participate in our events and conferences this year and having you engage with use through social media, our event calendar and our podcast.
Watch for details of our upcoming January events during:
- AFCA (American Football Coaches Association) Convention in Nashville, TN
- United Soccer Coaches Convention in Baltimore, MD
- Senior Bowl week in Mobilie, AL
- Super Bowl week in Miami, FL.
In the meantime, make sure you don’t miss out on two important offers expiring on December 31, 2019.
- SUPER EARLY BIRD rate for Sports Philanthropy World 2020.
- Membership Drive extending your benefits through March 31, 2021.
Joining our network will give you access to passionate people who are helping us change the world. Your support is critical to uniting healthier and stronger communities.
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We have a special SUPER EARLY BIRD rate valid which expires December 31, 2019. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
- January 9, 2020–Pucks for Autism
- January 12, 2020–Keith Relief
- January 13, 2020–Caddy for a Cure LIberty Mutual Invitational
- January 25, 2020–Rockford Ice Hogs Autism Awareness Night
- February 7, 2020–Chicago Blackhawks Foundation WInterfest
- February 8, 2020–Simon’s Heart–Simon’s Soiree
The calm before 2020 kicks into full gear. Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure that they are included!
SUPER BOWL 54 EVENT CALENDAR
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 27, 2019
- December 27, 2019–Larry Fitzgerald matches DICKS donation to give shopping spree to kids in honor of his mother; DICKS and Fitzgerald each give Boys and Girls Club of East Valley $5000
- December 26, 2019–Sports Philanthropy Network, December Newsletter
- December 25, 2019–To Heal Our Divisions, Listen To People with Intellectual Disabilities (Washington Post/Tim Shriver)
- December 25, 2019–10 Athletes Who Are Ridiculously Charitable (Bleacher Report)
- December 25, 2019–Banda Bola Sports Foundation raises money for a field with toilets.
- December 24, 2019–My Cause, My Cleats-New England Patriots Bill Belichick Custom Shoes
- December 24, 2019–Mesut Ozil covers costs of another 1000 surgeries for children
- December 24, 2019–Too Many Kids Leave Sports Because of the Car Ride Home
- December 24, 2019–How Wheelchair Tennis Provides a Successful Model for Adaptive Sports
- December 23, 2019–Corey Mays and Everfi partner with Group_1001
- December 23, 2019–NE Patriots’ Chase Winovich pays off entire school’s lunch debt
- December 22, 2019–What to do when your most talented player has the worst attitude (PCA)
- December 21, 2019–40th National Veterans Wheelchair Games Promo Video
- December 21, 2019–Can Basketball Keep People Out of Prison?
- December 20, 2019–NFL Players Support Autism Speaks during “My Cause, My Cleats” Campaign
- December 20, 2019–Bud Light matches Ravens Marcus Peters’ fine for drinking a beer in the stands and makes donation to Peters’ favorite charity.
- December 20, 2019–NCAA Under Full Attack at Aspen Institute (Roy Kessel/Sports Philanthropy Network)
- December 20, 2019–South African Rugby Captain SiyaKolisi Bear won Peace and Sport’s Champion of the Year Award
- December 20, 2019–Eagles Nigel Bradham and Derek Barnett partnered with DICKS to give kids shopping spree and DICKS donated $5000 to Northern Children’s Services.
- December 20, 2019–10 Tips for Including People With Disabilities in Your Holiday Celebrations (Respectability/Jennifer Laszlo MIzrachi)
- December 20, 2019–NFL and Susan G. Komen use Fortnite to Reach Online Gamers
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!