We had a fantastic week hosting our Holiday parties in Washington, DC and in Downtown Chicago. We love meeting people in different parts of the country who are united by the passion to improve the world through sports.
On Tuesday, we were privileged to participate in the Aspen Institute’s forum on the Future of Sports. The topic focused on athlete’s pay and included an appearance from the NCAA’s Mark Emmert, fresh off an appearance on Capitol Hill. We have posted links from mainstream media outlets, but the overriding consensus was that the NCAA is in trouble. Their credibility is at an all-time low and it is very difficult to see how that will change.
In January, watch for details about our upcoming events during:
- AFCA (American Football Coaches Association) Convention in Nashville, TN
- United Soccer Coaches Convention in Baltimore, MD
- Senior Bowl week in Mobilie, AL
- Super Bowl week in Miami, FL.
In the meantime, don’t miss out on our two offers expiring on December 31, 2019.
- SUPER EARLY BIRD rate for Sports Philanthropy World 2020.
- Membership Drive extending your benefits through March 31, 2021.
Joining our network will give you access to passionate people who are helping us change the world. Your support is critical to uniting healthier and stronger communities.
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We have a special SUPER EARLY BIRD rate valid which expires December 31, 2019. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
- January 13, 2020–Caddy for a Cure Liberty Mutual Invitational, Parkland, FL
- January 25, 2020–Rockford (IL) Ice Hogs Autism Awareness Night
The calm before 2020 kicks into full gear. Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure that they are included!
SUPER BOWL 54 EVENT CALENDAR
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 20, 2019
- December 20, 2019–Sports Philanthropy Network Downtown Chicago Holiday Party
- December 20, 2019–Bill Belichick Foundation and STX offering lacrosse equipment grants
- December 20, 2019–PCA: Know the Difference Between Negative Coaching and Abusive Coaching
- December 19, 2019–Tracy McGrady launches Advisory Program to Keep Young Athletes From Going Broke
- December 19, 2019–Chicago Police host Youth Sports Conference presented by City of Refuge
- December 19, 2109–Newsweek: We Need To Make Kids’ Sports Fun Again (Opinion)
- December 19, 2019–Highland Park Parks Foundation uses golf clubs to raise money for scholarships
- December 19, 2019–PCA: Coaches and Parents Need Not Praise Effort When Its Not There
- December 19, 2019–Badgers and Ducks Come Together to Serve Ahead of the Rose Bowl
- December 18, 2019–Sports Philanthropy Network Washington DC Holiday Party
- December 18, 2019–Aspen Institute Hosts Future of College Sports, NCAA under full attack
- December 18, 2019-The NCAA isn’t Serious about paying college athletes (Jane McManus, NY Daily News)
- December 18, 2019–PCA: Helicopter, Snowplow and Curling Parents Aren’t Teaching Resilience
- December 18, 2019–First Tee of Chicago Participants Chosen To Play in Greater New Orleans National Golf Tournament
- December 18, 2019–Be My Eyes Initiative Helps create virtual connection between sight impaired to those who can help
- December 17, 2019–STREAM: Aspen Institute: Future of College Sports: Government’s Role in Athlete’s Pay
- December 17, 2019–Mark Emmert, NCAA Turn to Congress Amid NIL Debates,(Ross Dellinger, Sports Illustrated)
- December 17, 2019–Two US Senators appear to be taking aim at NCAA even beyond NIL (Steve Berkowitz, USA Today)
- December 17, 2019–Impact of Early Sport Specialization
- December 16, 2019–Weiss Scholarship Foundation Helps Kids in Africa
- December 16, 2019–Pucks for Autism Hands Out its First Grants
- December 16, 2019–ALDI handing out food to vulnerable people on Christmas Eve
- December 16, 2019–PCA: Why More Mothers Should Coach Youth Sports
- December 15, 2019–City Champs Foundation Launches “Stand Up to Bullying” fundraiser as a launch to its “Building Character Program”.
- December 15, 2019–PCA: A Message to Parents: Why It Bothers Me That You Coach From the Stands
- December 15, 2019–Paralympian Darlene Hunter on leveling the playing field for adaptive athletes (Katie Walsh, ESPN)
- December 14, 2019–PCA: How to Handle the Pouting Athlete with Attitude Problems
- December 14, 2019–UMOS Draws athletes, kids and organization to benefit Milwaukee Community
- December 14, 2019–New Study: Sleep is Literally a Deep Clean for your Brain
- December 13, 2019–NFL Alumni Association Teams up with University of Chicago to help Kids Tackle Reading
- December 13, 2019–Blind Hockey Taking Off in United States
- December 13, 2019–Preventing Youth Sports Injuries at any age
- December 13, 2019–PCA: Parents Handling a Closed Practice Policy
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!