As the first wave of bitter cold hit the midwest, it might not have been the best night to have our Suburban Chicago Holiday event at Top Golf in Schaumburg. Nevertheless, it was a fun evening of food, golf and networking. We hope you will be able to join us at one of our upcoming events next week in Washington, DC or downtown Chicago.
In January, watch for our events in Nashville at the AFCA Convention, in Baltimore at the United Soccer Coaches Convention, in Mobile, AL, during Senior Bowl week and of course we will schedule time to get everyone together during Super Bowl week in Miami. Watch for details coming soon!
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We have a special SUPER EARLY BIRD rate valid which expires December 31, 2019. We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event.
- December 14, 2019–Patrick Mannelly Award, Lake Bluff, IL
- December 15, 2019–Ballin 4 Peace, Bowlmor Lanes, Times Square, NYC
- December 17, 2019–Future of College Sports: Government’s Role in Athlete Pay
- December 17, 2019–Sports Philanthropy Network Holiday Reception, Cafe Deluxe West End, Washington, D.C. (2201 M St. NW)
- December 19, 2019–Sports Philanthropy Network Holiday Reception, Downtown Chicago (Top Golf Swing Suite, 900 N. Michigan Avenue)
SUPER BOWL 54 EVENT CALENDAR
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 13, 2019
- December 13, 2019–PCA: How to Help Your Team When You Are Injured
- December 12, 2019–Russell Wilson upgrades solider to First Class seating
- December 12, 2019–Oakland A’s Stephen Piscotty partners with MLB Winter Meetings Charity Auction to raise money for ALS Nonprofit
- December 12, 2019–US Womens Soccer Team named “Athlete of the Year”
- December 11, 2019–SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST: Fred Mitchell
- December 11, 2019–Khalil Mack pays off lay-away accounts at hometown Walmart
- December 10, 2019–Tim Tebow Opens Hospital Playroom so kids can be kids again
- December 10, 2019–Midtown hosts Familes Helping Familes Gift Wrapping Event
- December 10, 2019–Record number of ticketes requested for Paralympic Games
- December 10, 2019–Aqib Talib keeps commitment to kids in LA even though he was traded to Miami at NFL trade deadline
- December 10, 2019–Josh Norman and Demario Davis attend Jose Bello’s “Dear America: A Social Justice Conversation”
- December 10, 2019–Megan Rapinoe Calls Out Sports Illustrated’s Lack of Diversity in Sportsperson of the Year Award Speech.
- December 9, 2019–Peter Frates, ALS Ice Bucket Challenge co-founder dies
- December 9, 2019–School ditches homework for Acts of Kidnness
- December 9, 2019–Athletes in Action to Host Super Bowl Breakfast
- December 9, 2019–Serena Williams Builds Schools in Jamaica and Africa
- December 9, 2019–Russell Wilson surprises group of athletes with $200 shopping spree
- December 8, 2019–Wisconsin High School Bands to participate in Rose Parade and the BandCares Program to raise money for hospitals
- December 8, 2019–NFL My Cause, My Cleats Auctions
- December 8, 2019–Keshet to Host Buddy Basketball All-Star Game
- December 8, 2019–Four NFL Players Wear Orange Cleats this weekend
- December 8, 2019–Titans’ Delanie Walker honors Capital Gazette reporter John McNamara with “End Gun Violence” cleats
- December 7, 2019–Geno Auriemma: Teach kids to be teammates, not superstars
- December 7, 2019–Aspen Institute to host “Future of College Sports”
- December 7, 2019–Team USA Wins Sixth Straight Para Hockey Cup Title
- December 7, 2019–High School Basketball Player Dies During Practice in S.D.
- December 7, 2019–Walt Disney World to Host Special Olympics USA in 2022
- December 7, 2019–Pittsburgh Pirate’s pitcher Joe Musgrove spends his birthday giving back to community
- December 7, 2019–Britain’s Torry party pledges 550M to grassroots soccer
- December 6, 2019–Speculations on the Roots of the Loss of Small US Donors: What Nonprofits Can Do
- December 6, 2019–Michael Horton’s “Hoop ’til it Hurts” serves as Magnificent Mentor
- December 6, 2019–Nike Partners with Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and Patients to Design Shoes that Raise money for care, research and education.
- December 6, 2019–California International Marathon Hosts Blind Runners
- December 6, 2019–Sidney Crosby Spreads Holiday Cheer in Hospital
- December 6, 2019–Former Yankee Johnny Damon gives kids toys at Monmouth Medical
- December 6, 2019–Wayne County (MI) Petition get funding on ballot to support after school programs
- December 6, 2019–Kohl’s and Donald Driver deliver winter clothing to Boy’s & Girls Club of Milwaukee
- December 6, 2019–LeBron James’ hometown philanthropy is powering forward on supportive housing
- December 6, 2019–New Orleans Saints Pro-Bowler Terron Armstead Joins Local Youth And Community Leaders for Laureus USA’s Annual New Orleans Day of Sport
- December 6, 2019–Concussions and Contact sports: What these parents learned from their son’s death.
- December 6, 2019–Megan Rapinoe calls on Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo to help in fight for equality
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!