Sports Philanthropy World Expands for 2020
We are excited that Sports Philanthropy World’s immersive, interactive conference will be expanding to offer seven tracks of programming.
Our virtual event will allow our friends around the globe to join in our conference. In 2019, we had organizations in 87 countries inquiring about participating in our event and we already have registrants from across the globe.
We hope you join us to connect and network with leaders in the world of sports philanthropy! Take a look at our special sponsorship model that provides scholarships for organizations and students to help them develop their passion and interest. We look forward to having you join and participate with our community.
In case you missed our Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform on July 1st, you can now watch the videos! Please make sure to take our survey after you watch the videos!!
LET ME WATCH THE VIDEOS AND SEE OUTSTANDING SPEAKERS!!
You can see the graphics for the panels and speakers who participated in our event.
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS TO COMBAT RACISM
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
JOIN THE SPORTS PHILANTHROPY NETWORK OR DONATE NOW
Since many states are opening up operations, we adjusted our schedule going forward. We are happy that we were able to serve so many organizations during the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis and we look forward to having you as part of our Network.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Combat Racism Resource Page (Coming Soon)
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
RESOURCE PAGE for services, programs and ideas that are available to organizations during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Check out our new format for Season 3
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
See our full list of Podcasts here!!
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 6, 2020
- September 5, 2020–Framed Tom Brady Super Bowl Ring Collage
- September 5, 2020–Play Golf and Fight Cancer
- September 4, 2020–LGBTQ Kids Who Play Sports Likelier To Have More Self Esteem And Better Grades
- September 3, 2020–HEAT To Facilitate Law Enforcement Training
- September 3, 2020–Blackhawks Become The First NHL Team to Join “Rally The Vote”
- September 2, 2020–Troy Vincent: NFL Players Want To Focus On Police Accountability
- September 2, 2020–Engagement With Parks Report | Research
- September 2, 2020–The Rose Bowl Institute Women’s Empowerment Symposium
- September 1, 2020–Philanthropy Often Overlooks Disability Rights. Can A Coalition of Major Funders Close the Gap?
- September 1, 2020–Why Can’t The U.S. Agree About Youth Sports During COVID 19?
- September 1, 2020–Packers CEO Says Team Shouldn’t Have To Stick to Sports
- September 1, 2020–Join Us For the 8th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport Launch!
- August 31, 2020–BE. CHOOSE. CAUSE. Global Leaders Conference
- August 31, 2020–Tickets for Chad Greenway’s Lead the Way Foundation Annual Celebrity Waiter Night Now Available
- August 31, 2020–Brian Dawkins Impact Chat
- August 31, 2020–Nick Saban Leads Alabama Football Team in Social Justice March on Campus
- August 29, 2020–Project Play Summit 2020
- August 29, 2020–COVID-19 Has Disproportionately Impacted Those With Developmental Disabilities
- August 29, 2020–A Day Of Listening To Each Other for the New York Jets: ‘It Is Different Growing Up In Black America.’
- August 28 2020–NFL Teams Huddling Up to Devise Plans For Social Change
- August 28, 2020–Global Sport Matters: The Day Sport Stopped
- August 28, 2020–Velshi: Athlete Activism has a Powerful History in America
- August 28, 2020–Choosing to Do Youth Sports Better When They Reopen
- August 28, 2020–New York City Ready for Youth Sports to Resume; Parks Department to Issue Fall Sports Permits, Mayor De Blasio Says
- August 27, 2020–SPN PODCAST: S3:E11-Lee Hawkins, ASA Foundation
- August 27, 2020–Ole Miss Football Team Skips Practice To March on the Square
- August 26, 2020–Nike’s Latest Coaching Guide Introduces 5 Ways to Create Better Experiences for Girls
- August 26, 2020–Opinion: Athletes Give Voice to Voiceless. ‘It Takes Monumental Courage to Stand Up.’
- August 25, 2020–Youth Sports and COVID 19: Calling the Play for Your Child
- August 25, 2020–SPN PODCAST: S3:S10-Mark Jackson, Denver Bronco Alumni Charities
- August 25, 2020–NGB Council Chair: It’s Time for the USOPC, NGB’s to Train Youth Coaches
- August 24, 2020–Lions Cancel Practice to Protest Police Shooting
- August 24, 2020–How Safe Are Kids’ Sports During a Pandemic?
- August 23, 2020–Remembering Kobe Bryant
- August 22, 2020–USA Basketball – Give Back and Win Big
- August 21, 2020–What Living Means – Aspen Institute Project Play
- August 21, 2020–5 Ways Young Athletes Can Improve Their Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- August 21, 2020–6 Things To Know About Rose McCarthy, the 1,000 Mile Runner
- August 21, 2020–Her Next Play, Alexis Robinson
- August 21, 2020–Coaching Fall Sports During COVID-19: Make The Most Out Of An Uncertain Season
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
For more details, please visit our Event Calendar
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!