Sports Philanthropy World Momentum Growing
Sports Philanthropy World is growing every day and we have built a strong lineup of speakers and keynotes. We have already added Richard Lapchick, David Meltzer and Leigh Steinberg to our keynote lineup and many other outstanding speakers are coming soon. We anticipate the release of the full lineup on approximately October 1, 2020. Our programming tracks and workshops are another way to engage with our audience and our interactive platform is crucial to letting you connect with people from across the world.
In case you missed our Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform on July 1st, you can now watch the videos! Please make sure to take our survey after you watch the videos!!
You can see the graphics for the panels and speakers who participated in our event.
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Since many states are opening up operations, we adjusted our schedule going forward. We are happy that we were able to serve so many organizations during the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis and we look forward to having you as part of our Network.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Combat Racism Resource Page (Coming Soon)
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Check out our new format for Season 3
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 20, 2020
- September 20, 2020–Sports Philanthropy World Registration. Early Bird Rate Expires September 30th!
- September 19, 2020–SPN NFL Team Spotlight: Baltimore Ravens
- September 19, 2020–Be All In
- September 19, 2020–Burrow Follows Through on First Throw With Hunger Fund
- September 18, 2020–PCA Roundtable Series: Sports Can Battle Racism
- September 17, 2020–Council Approves $1,550,000 in Special Appropriations to Support the Youth Sports Initiative
- September 17, 2020–IPC and International Disability Alliance to Sign Cooperation Agreement
- September 16, 2020–NAYS Recognized by President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition
- September 16, 2020–What Makes a Great Teammate?
- September 16, 2020–Financial Hardships is a Top Risk Factor for Suicide Attempts
- September 15, 2020–Thought the World of Youth Sports was Tough Before? It’s Worse During a Pandemic
- September 15, 2020–The Aspen Institute Project Play Summit 2020
- September 14, 2020–LSU Athletes, Coaches March For Racial Justice as Athletic Department Displays Support
- September 14, 2020–Women’s Roller Derby Offers Plan for How Youth Sports Can Return
- September 14, 2020–Make Inclusion a Core Part of Your Strategic Priorities
- September 13, 2020–Mindfulness for Mental Wellness
- September 12, 2020–Mack Brown, UNC, Arrives Wearing Black Lives Matter Shirt
- September 12, 2020–The Gathering: Incorporating Racial Equity Principles Into Our Practices
- September 11, 2020–Special Olympics Chicago Gets Creative to Provide Pandemic-Friendly Programming
- September 11, 2020–7 Types of Businesses to Ask to Sponsor Your Golf Event
- September 11, 2020–The Resources We Need Now
- September 10, 2020–‘I Just Want to Play’: $19 Billion Youth Sports Industry Powers Ahead Through the Pandemic Largely Unregulated
- September 10, 2020–National Blind Sports Week
- September 10, 2020–All In: Track, Paralympic athlete, Megan Hale, Helps Others Through Sports
- September 10, 2020–Chad Greenway’s Celebrity Waiter Night
- September 9, 2020–NFL Total Wellness
- September 9, 2020–Implementing Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools in a Distance Learning Environment
- September 9, 2020–Miami Dolphins Foundation Food Relief Program
- September 8, 2020–SPN PODCAST: S3:E12-Corinne Milner, Winning Edge Leadership Academy
- September 8, 2020–2020 Golf Skills Registration
- September 8, 2020–2020 National Blind Sports Week Registration Form
- September 8, 2020–Racial Bias in Coaching – We Are The Answer
- September 7, 2020–Today’s Sports Activists Follow the Lead of Smith, Carlos – Then Push Further
- September 7, 2020–Allen Robinson’s An Evening Within Reach
- September 7, 2020–Sighted Guide and Charity Runner, Haley Leishman, Hones in on Virtual 2020 Boston Marathon
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!