TOWN HALL MEETING DRAWS LARGE CROWD
On July 1st we hosted the Sports Philanthropy Town Hall on Racism, Tolerance and Reform. You can see the graphics for the panels and speakers who participated in our event. We had an overflow crowd necessitating a new technology platform and had participants from around the country and even outside of the United States.
The response has been tremendous and there is growing interest in becoming part of our task force. If you would like to be considered for a role on our task force, please let us know and we will include you in the application process.
We will be releasing videos from the event this week so watch this space for the links and summaries of these panels.
REPORT ON STATEMENTS ABOUT RACISM
In addition to the Town Hall meeting, we also released our comprehensive report which compiles all of the statements teams, leagues and sports organizations made about their efforts to condemn racism and their actions to combat racism.
Our goal is to spotlight those commitments, as well as find a way to track how well these organizations were able to follow through on their promises. We hope all of you will support and encourage organizations in your community to live up to the commitments.
All donations between now and July 31, 2020 will be earmarked towards programs under our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion initiative. We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS TO COMBAT RACISM
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
JOIN THE SPORTS PHILANTHROPY NETWORK OR DONATE NOW
Since many states are opening up operations, we adjusted our schedule going forward. We are happy that we were able to serve so many organizations during the initial stages of the COVID-19 crisis and we look forward to having you as part of our Network.
- Webinars every Wednesday at 11 am ET/10 CT/9 MT/8 PT
- COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Combat Racism Resource Page (Coming Soon)
- Sports Philanthropy Podcast will be released every Tuesday, and Thursday
RESOURCE PAGE for services, programs and ideas that are available to organizations during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
See our full list of Podcasts here!!
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING July 5, 2020
- July 5, 2020–NFL Communications: Sam Acho and Group of Professional Athletes to Bring Healthy Food Options to West Chicago
- July 5, 2020–Positive Coaching Alliance Partners with Susan Crown Exchange to Train 400,000 Coaches in Youth Development
- July 5, 2020–Survey: Kids Quit Most Sports By Age 11
- July 5, 2020–Register for: A Guide to Online Fundraising Compliance (Thurs July 9, 2:00 PM. ET)
- July 4, 2020–Happy 4th of July from Sports Philanthropy Network!
- July 3,2020–Evolve Giving Group Webinar Registration: Demystifying Virtual Event Production
- July 3, 2020–Six Reasons to Question the Enforceability of Covid-19 Waivers in Sports
- July 2, 2020–Zwift and Laureus Sport for Good Present Two special 67-Minute Rides on July 18 to Honor the Social work of Nelson Mandela
- July 2, 2020–NFL Will Play Black National Anthem ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing’ Before Each Week 1 Game
- July 2, 2020–Register Now for The Aspen Institute’s Webinar on July 15: The Recovery We Need Now
- July 2, 2020–Register for Black College Football the Road to Equality Webinar on July 15
- July 2, 2020–Fundraising Event July 23 Hosted by The Over Under Initiative
- July 2, 2020–Let’s Give Kids a Chance to Score: Link to Donate to Good Sports
- July 2, 2020–NHL: Committing to Change
- July 2, 2020–On the Offensive and In the Lead, Athletes Push for and Achieve Social Justice Goals
- July 2, 2020–Syracuse Football Alumni: We Want a Seat at the Table to Discuss Race Issues
- July 2, 2020–Positive Coaching Alliance: Discussion Guide on Film, 42 The Jackie Robinson Story
- July 1, 2020–Open Letter Calls on USA Swimming to End “Culture of Sexual Abuse”
- July 1, 2020–Jonathan Irons Freed from Prison After Maya Moore Helped Overturn Conviction
- July 1, 2020–Podcast, Brené Brown Unlocking Us: Shame and Accountability
- July 1, 2020–The Case for Mentoring: Now More Than Ever
- July 1, 2020–Youth Sports Are Back, Doctors Already Seeing Injuries
- July 1, 2020–Evolve Giving Group: What’s Next for Boards?
- July 1, 2020–California Flip-Flops on Youth Sports: No Team Drills or Conditioning Allowed in Any County
- July 1, 2020– The Aspen Institute Project Play: Champions List
- July 1, 2020–“The Future is Female”: Women’s Flag Football Is Newest College Sport
- July 1, 2020–Press Release: Sports Philanthropy Network’s Report on Statements About Racism
- July 1, 2020–US Lacrosse Release Final Stage of Return to Play Recommendations
- June 30, 2020–Institute for the Study of Sport, Society and Social Change Poll: COVID-19 & Global Sport
- June 30,2020–Nickelodeon, Time and Time for Kids Are Partnering to Find the First-Ever Kid of the Year Hosted by Trevor Noah
- June 30, 2020–SPN Podcast: S2:EP42–Erin Kennedy, Girls Rugby
- June 30, 2020–Player’s Health Organization Announces New Partnership
- June 30, 2020–In COVID-19 Hot Spots Like Florida and Texas, Youth Sports Have Patchwork Response to Rising Cases
- June 30, 2020–Advice from Proactive Coaching Company
- June 30, 2020–Aspen Institute: Can Youth and High School Football Responsibly Play This Fall?
- June 29, 2020–It’s Time We Fundraise in a Way That Doesn’t Uphold White Moderation and White Supremacy
- June 29, 2020–Rochester’s Camp Abilities Kicks Off 25th Year Helping Visually Impaired
- June 29, 2020–Sign Up for, The Aspen Institute Project Play: Summer Conversation Series
- SOME FAVORITES FROM PAST WEEKS
- May 22, 2020–Favre Saga Highlights Risks Athletes Face in Charitable Endeavors–Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report by Roy Kessel
- May 20, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Webinar, David Meltzer, Sports 1 Marketing
- May 17, 2020—Aspen Institute Return to Play Risk Assessment
- May 16, 2020—Rico No Suave 100th Episode featuring Roy Kessel, Founder of the Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 15, 2020–Recess is Necessary (Playworks)
- May 8, 2020—Ethical Leaders Live featuring Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Network Founder
- April 29, 2020–Roy Kessel, Sports Philanthropy Spotlight for Team Marketing Report: Youth Organizations Seeking Answers
- April 29, 2020–Play Ball: New Model For Baseball Season Simulation
- April 23, 2020–Roy Kessel for the Team Marketing Report Sports Philanthropy Spotlight: NFL Draft Leads Latest Creative Philanthropic Efforts
- April 15, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Normal
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
INCLUSIVITY FOR THE WEEK
For more details, please visit our Event Calendar
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!