Check out all of the outstanding work going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy. It is great to see more parts of the country opening up and enjoying the wonderful weather. We Hope everyone enjoyed the great event that was Sports Philanthropy World. Thank you to all who attended and for all of the wonderful support!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING July 18, 2021
- July 18, 2021 — Portland Thorns Organizational Spotlight
- July 18, 2021 — 16-Year-Old goalie becomes first female player selected in the OHL Draft
- July 18, 2021 — Wanted: More Mom’s on the Field
- July 17, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- July 17, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Reggie Walker
- July 17, 2021 — Announcing SCE’s Million Coaches Challenge Partners – Susan Crown Exchange
- July 17, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Tuesday 8:30pmET/7:30pmCT
- July 17, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- July 17, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- July 16, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- July 16, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- July 16, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- July 15, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP44 – Jason Belinkie
- July 15, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- July 14, 2021 — Proposed NJ Youth Sports Task Force would scrutinize bullying, abuse
- July 13, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP 43 – Marc Pollick
- July 13, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- July 13, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- July 12, 2021 — Women’s Sports Forum 2021
- July 12, 2021 — July 12th Newsstand
- July 12, 2021 — Register for Play Like a Champion Virtual Sports Leadership Conference
- July 16, 2021 — Vincent Jackson Memorial Golf Tournament