Sports Philanthropy World 2021 Conference begins today! We are excited to welcome our guests for over 70 sessions across the next two days! Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Montreal Canadiens for advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals. Make sure to keep track of all the updates on Sports Philanthropy World 2021 Conference HERE.
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING June 27, 2021
- June 27, 2021 — Phoenix Mercury Organizational Spotlight
- June 27, 2021 — 16-Year-Old goalie becomes first female player selected in the OHL Draft
- June 27, 2021 — Wanted: More Mom’s on the Field
- June 27, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- June 26, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Ray Sherman
- June 26, 2021 — Announcing SCE’s Million Coaches Challenge Partners – Susan Crown Exchange
- June 26, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Saturday 2pmET/1pmCT
- June 26, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- June 26, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- June 25, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- June 25, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- June 25, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- June 24, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP44 – Jason Belinkie
- June 24, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- June 16, 2021 — Proposed NJ Youth Sports Task Force would scrutinize bullying, abuse
- June 22, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP 43 – Marc Pollick
- June 22, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- June 22, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- June 21, 2021 — Women’s Sports Forum 2021
- June 21, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy World 2021, June 28-29
- June 21, 2021 — June 21st Newsstand
- June 21, 2021 — Register for Play Like a Champion Virtual Sports Leadership Conference
- July 16, 2021 — Vincent Jackson Memorial Golf Tournament