Check out all of the outstanding work going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy. It is great to see more parts of the country opening up and enjoying the wonderful weather. We Hope everyone is enjoying the great playoff action so far. Happy Father’s day to all the dads out there! Make sure to keep track of all the updates on our Sports Philanthropy World Conference HERE
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING June 13, 2021
- June 20, 2021 — Seattle Storm Organizational Spotlight
- June 20, 2021 — 16-Year-Old goalie becomes first female player selected in the OHL Draft
- June 20, 2021 — Wanted: More Mom’s on the Field
- June 20, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- June 19, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Tavon Mason
- June 19, 2021 — Announcing SCE’s Million Coaches Challenge Partners – Susan Crown Exchange
- June 19, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Saturday 2pmET/1pmCT
- June 19, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- June 19, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- June 18, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- June 18, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- June 18, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- June 10, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP41 – Hector Perdomo
- June 17, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- June 16, 2021 — Proposed NJ Youth Sports Task Force would scrutinize bullying, abuse
- June 15, 2021 — I Am A Champion Podcast Episode 9: Women and Sports
- June 15, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- June 15, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- June 14, 2021 — Women’s Sports Forum 2021
- June 14, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy World 2021, June 28-29
- June 14, 2021 — June 14th Newsstand
- June 14, 2021 — Register for Play Like a Champion Virtual Sports Leadership Conference
- June 23-24, 2021 — Play Like A Champion Today Virtual Sports Leadership Conference: “Dream Big. Take Action.”
- July 16, 2021 — Vincent Jackson Memorial Golf Tournament