Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all those who have served our country. Check out all of the outstanding work going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy. It is great to see live events coming back into our world. Enjoy the NBA and NHL playoffs and a couple of great weeks of tennis from Roland Garros. Make sure to keep track of all the updates on our Sports Philanthropy World Conference HERE
Last call to sign up for the 2nd Cohort of our Executive Director Mastermind which launches June 8, 2021! Don’t miss out!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING May 16, 2021
- May 30, 2021 — Register Now For Our Executive Director Mastermind Training Now!
- May 30, 2021 — Shaq helps gift hundreds of new shoes to elementary school students
- May 30, 2021 —May 2021 Newsletter
- May 30, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- May 29, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Rob Carpenter
- May 29, 2021 — LA Sparks Organizational Spotlight
- May 29, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Saturday 2pmET/1pmCT
- May 29, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 29, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- May 28, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- May 28, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- May 28, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- May 27, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP38 – BJ Ganem
- May 27, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- May 26, 2021 — SPN Webinar 34 – Richard Wolfe, SODI
- May 25, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP37 – Dedan Borzino & Charlie Firestone
- May 25, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- May 25, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- May 24, 2021 — Pucks for Autism Hockey Tournament
- May 24, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy World 2021, June 28-29
- May 24, 2021 — May 24th Newsstand
- May 24, 2021 — Coaching Soccer, Emotional Tanks, the Pandemic and Mental Health
- June 7, 2021 — Chad Greenway’s Charity Golf Tournament
- June 8, 2021 — Evolve Giving Group: Your Board and Fundraising – Achieving the Impossible
- June 12, 2021 — Boys On The Right Track Golf Tournament
- June 14, 2021 — Birdies Fore Bounce
- June 23-24, 2021 — Play Like A Champion Today Virtual Sports Leadership Conference: “Dream Big. Take Action.”
- July 16, 2021 — Vincent Jackson Memorial Golf Tournament