Another great week of exciting sports playoff action and some great philanthropy in many different communities. Congratulations to the Santa Clara Women’s soccer team and the Marshall Men’s soccer team on both winning national championships this week! Check out all of the great activities going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy.
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
SPN is bringing back weekly webinars each Wednesday at 2 pm ET/1 pm CT/11 am PT.
Please click here to register.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
For more information and details about Sports Philanthropy World 2021, please visit our page here.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING May 16, 2021
- May 23, 2021 — Register Now For Our Executive Director Mastermind Training Now!
- May 23, 2021 — Shaq helps gift hundreds of new shoes to elementary school students
- May 23, 2021 —May 2021 Newsletter
- May 23, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- May 22, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Jeff Ogden
- May 22, 2021 — Chicago Sky Organizational Spotlight
- May 22, 2021 — New York Liberty Organizational Spotlight
- May 22, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Saturday 2pmET/1pmCT
- May 22, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 22, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- May 21, 2021 — Dallas Mavericks Organizational Spotlight
- May 21, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- May 21, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- May 21, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- May 21, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Workshops: Ethical Marketing
- May 20, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP36 – Ben Sanders
- May 20, 2021 — Move United Education Conference Sign-Up
- May 20, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- May 19, 2021 — San Jose Sharks Organizational Spotlight
- May 18, 2021 — SPN Webinar 34 – Richard Wolfe, SODI
- May 18, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP35 – Sarah Hillyer
- May 18, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- May 18, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- May 18, 2021 — Broncos hire Kelly Kleine away from Vikings to be NFL’s highest-ranked woman scout
- May 17, 2021 — Pittsburgh Penguins Organizational Spotlight
- May 17, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy World 2021, June 28-29
- May 17, 2021 — May 10th Newsstand
- May 17, 2021 — Bicycles are having a comeback because of COVID-19
- May 24, 2021 — Pro Experiences: Complete with a Pro, Impact Our Youth
- May 26, 2021– SportTechie PRO Day: Tech Trends Driving the Future of Sport Marketing
- June 7, 2021 — Chad Greenway’s Charity Golf Tournament
- June 8, 2021 — Evolve Giving Group: Your Board and Fundraising – Achieving the Impossible
- June 12, 2021 — Boys On The Right Track Golf Tournament
- June 14, 2021 — Birdies Fore Bounce
- June 23-24, 2021 — Play Like A Champion Today Virtual Sports Leadership Conference: “Dream Big. Take Action.”