As the NHL Playoffs and NBA Play-In Tournament start this week, we are all ready for exciting playoff action between the two leagues, as well as the MLB regular season rolling along. Check out all of the great activity going on in the world of Sports Philanthropy.
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING May 16, 2021
- May 16, 2021 — Register Now For Our Executive Director Mastermind Training Now!
- May 16, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Workshops: Using Real Estate to Drive Fundraising
- May 16, 2021 —May 2021 Newsletter
- May 16, 2021 — Participation Fees Task Force now accepting applications
- May 15, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room with Rich Donnelly
- May 15, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E32 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Shawn Pfeiffer, Pucks for Autism
- May 15, 2021 — Military Task Force now accepting applications
- May 15, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room Every Saturday 2pmET/1pmCT
- May 15, 2021 — Stay up to date with Sports Philanthropy Network
- May 15, 2021 — Go Check Out Our Full Event Calendar to make Sure You’re Always Up To Date!
- May 14, 2021 — Utah Jazz Organizational Spotlight
- May 14, 2021 — Disabilities Task Force now accepting applications
- May 14, 2021 — Listen back to S1:E30 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast, with Scott Ruprecht, Giveback Sports
- May 14, 2021 — Donate today to our Sports Access Initiative to help us give athletes the opportunity to play
- May 14, 2021 — Sign up for SPN Webinar Episode 34, Richard Wolfe for May 19th at 2 PM Est/1 PM CT
- May 14, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Workshops: Ethical Marketing
- May 13, 2021 —Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP34 – Diahann Billings-Burford
- May 13, 2021 — Move United Education Conference Sign-Up
- May 13, 2021 — Athlete Abuse Task Force now accepting applications
- May 13, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Workshops: Driving Leadership through Individual Ownership of Success
- May 12, 2021 — Sweatin’ for Soldiers Charity Event Sign Up
- May 12, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Workshops: Diversity and Inclusion
- May 11, 2021 — SPN Webinar 33 – Brian Walsh, Allegra Marketing
- May 11, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP33 – Veronne Clark
- May 11, 2021 — Join our Member-only Message Board Community
- May 11, 2021 — Youth Voice Task Force now accepting applications
- May 11, 2021 — Warning About Kids and Sports: Doctors are seeing more injuries amid lost time during COVID
- May 11, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Workshops: Social Media on a Nonprofit Budget
- May 10, 2021 — Finegold Wants to Create a Youth Sports Panel
- May 10, 2021 — Register for Sports Philanthropy World 2021, June 28-29
- May 10, 2021 — May 10th Newsstand
- May 10, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Workshops: Self and Team Awareness
- May 19, 2021 — Tackle What’s Next: Name, Image, Likeness — What You Need to Know Now
- May 20, 2021 — Laureus Foundation USA — Sport for Good NYC Q2 Town Hall
- May 20, 2021 — Athlete’s Voices: Athlete’s Roles In Increasing Visibility Around Healthcare Access, Disease Prevention, Substance Use + Body Image Norms
- May 22, 2021 — Sweatin’ For Soldiers
- May 24, 2021 — Pro Experiences: Complete with a Pro, Impact Our Youth
- May 26, 2021– SportTechie PRO Day: Tech Trends Driving the Future of Sport Marketing
- June 7, 2021 — Chad Greenway’s Charity Golf Tournament