As the country braces for what might be the most devastating week of the COVID-19 crisis so far, we have seen incredible work from athletes and sports organizations around the country. People are chipping in by performing services and helping our medical community. We encourage you to continue to practice the requested social distancing.
Working together we can all get past this horrific era. While none of us can predict how long this will continue, we hope you will keep helping others and sending your thoughts, prayers and strength to everyone fighting on the front lines and to those who are hospitalized and fighting for their lives.
We encourage you to join our Webinars each week. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
Listening to our audience, we have launched several initiatives that we believe will be helpful and will provide content and training to our Members.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we are ramping up our production and distribution schedule to bring you more content, more quickly!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING APRIL 5, 2020
- April 5, 2020—International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is April 6th
- April 5, 2020—Premier League Clubs showing support in the community
- April 4, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST: S2:EP18–Steve Riach, One Heart Project
- April 3, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Town Hall Meeting on Board Training and Development
- April 3, 2020—Jenny Thompson’s new team is on the front line fighting coronavirus
- April 3, 2020—Leaders from Aspen Summit predict summer return for youth sports, appetite for new models
- April 3, 2020—Players, Fans have chance to rethink sports
- April 2, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST: S2:EP17–Heidi Webb, Green Kite Fundraising
- April 2, 2020—Patriots’ Team Plane Transporting 1.2 Million N95 masks from China
- April 2, 2020—CFC Collective assists Christian McCaffrey’s COVID-19 relief
- April 2, 2020—VA Cancels National Veterans Wheelchair Games amid COVID-19 pandemic
- April 2, 2020—Brighton & Hove Albion celebrates World Autism Awareness Day
- April 1, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Town Hall Meeting on Fundraising
- April 1, 2020—Games being played on video platforms
- April 1, 2020—Idaho becomes first state to put restrictions on transgender girls
- April 1, 2020—Codeverse looking for Virtual Guides and Instructors
- April 1, 2020—Disabled Sports USA launched AdaptatHome COVID-19 programs
- March 31, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST: S2:EP16–Ryon Anderson, Esq.
- March 31, 2020—Ron Jaworski launches the Philly Pledge
- March 31, 2020—Public consultation on the draft WHO Guidelines
- March 31, 2020—Lambeau Field Staff feeding local schools, healthcare workers
- March 31, 2020—Celtics’ Marcus Smart donating blood for experimental coronavirus treatment
- March 31, 2020—Athlete trains to be first person with Down Syndrome to Complete Ironman
- March 31, 2020—Sleeping More While Working From Home? Good-You Need It
- March 31, 2020—How is Sport for Development responding to the Coronavirus pandemic?
- March 30, 2020—Augusta National donates $2 million toward coronavirus relief
- March 30, 2020—A Simple, Low-Cost Way for Nonprofits and Foundations to Curb the Coronavirus Crisis
- March 30, 2020—San Jose Sharks host Environmental Awareness Month
- March 30, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Town Hall Meeting on Activities
- March 30, 2020—Invisible Voice: What Happens to Low Income Youth Without Sports
- March 30, 2020—Simone Biles, Stephen Curry, other top sports figures join raffle for coronavirus relief
- March 30, 2020—A Wall. A Ball. That’s All: Your New Social-Distancing Workout
- March 30, 2020—Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) Distributes a Record-breaking 3,921 Individual Grants
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!