NFL Draft Leads The Way With Fundraising
The other major initiative launched last week was the All-In-Challenge. As of press time, that challenge had already raised over $20 Million with 100% of the donation goes to feed those in need.
We are proud of the outstanding work we have seen from so many in the sports business world. Athletes, teams, leagues, foundations, governing bodies, sponsors and so many more have come together to prove:
The Sports Philanthropy Network has been working closely with other sports nonprofits during this time to put together some initiatives which it will unveil over the coming weeks. These initiatives will focus on the concepts of: 1) Health and Safety; 2) Access to Sports; 3) Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. As we release more specifics about each of these areas, we hope that you will assist our mission by becoming a Member of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
We encourage you to join our Webinars each week. Our topics have generated a lot of interest and we continue to explore additional ways to support our Network during this crisis. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
In response to the COVID-19 Crisis, we have responded:
- Hosting Webinars every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Creating a COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Increasing our production schedule to release a Podcast every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during the coronavirus crisis.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we ramped up our production and distribution schedule to bring you three Podcasts each week.
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING APRIL 27, 2020
- April 25, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast: Samantha Rogers-Relate Social Capital
- April 24, 2020—Michael Thomas thanks NYC Media for amplifying causes
- April 24, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar: Town Hall Meeting on Adaptive Sports
- April 24, 2020—Book recommendations from Working with Parents in Sports
- April 24, 2020—Carson Wentz AO1 Foundation delivers 1,200 boxes and 15,000 lbs of essential goods in Philadelphia
- April 23, 2020—Roy Kessel for the Team Marketing Report Sports Philanthropy Spotlight: NFL Draft Leads Latest Creative Philanthropic Efforts
- April 23, 2020—NFL Helping Launch of Wheelchair Football League at Draft
- April 23, 2020—Henry Ruggs gets paid to wear Old Spice Bath Robe
- April 23, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast: Michael Lowe–Youth On Course
- April 23, 2020—Medical Expert: Kids need gradual return to sports after COVID-19
- April 23, 2020—The Bond Podcast: Clay Walker, Executive Director, National Fitness Foundation
- April 22, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar: Heart Screenings–Darren Sudman–Simon’s Heart
- April 22, 2020—Deaf Swimmer Becca Meyers found her happy place in the pool
- April 22, 2020—NFL and EverFi partner to inspire change in public schools
- April 22, 2020—Atlanta Braves Foundation raising money for COVID-19 Relief
- April 22, 2020—New Grant Commitments for COVID-19 Relief
- April 22, 2020—Ed Reed Foundation launches REED FEEDS to distribute over 10,000 meals to families in Baltimore
- April 22, 2020—Kenneth Murray seeks to help special needs siblings with NFL Career
- April 21, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast: Tina Sernett-Sports Shed
- April 21, 2020—Upcoming Webinar: Aspen Institute: Coronavirus and Youth Sports: How to Play During the Crisis
- April 21, 2020—Will Youth Sports “Tournacations” and megacomplexes survive COVID-19?
- April 21, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Network, April 2020 Newsletter
- April 21, 2020—You’re a High School Athlete and Your Senior Season Has Been Cancelled. Now What?
- April 21, 2020—Liz Jaworski, Co-Founder of Jaws Youth Playbook and President of Ron Jaworski Golf honored as Top 25 Faces of Philadelphia Philanthropy
- April 21, 2020—Harrison and Brittany Barnes Donate $40,000 to Families in Need in Sacremento
- April 21, 2020—Raven’s Helping Salvation Army Assist Elderly During COVID-19
- April 20, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar: Danielle Berman–Creating Strategic Partnerships With Athletes
- April 20, 2020—Gabby Kiewe Hleping Blind Lacrosse Players with Loud LAX
- April 20, 2020—Team Marketing Report COVID-19 SportsBiz Impact
- April 20, 2020–PRESS RELEASE: Sports Philanthropy Network finalizes Fiscal Sponsorship with Players Philanthropy Fund
- April 20, 2020—Youth Sports Worry About Weathering Pandemic, and Future Play
- April 20, 2020—Calipari’s Foundation get $1 million donation to provide pandemic relief
- April 20, 2020—Michael Jordan to donate Last Dance Proceeds to charity
- April 20, 2020—Bud Light donates $1 for every #BooTheCommish tag on social media accounts, up to $500k
- April 20, 2020—Baltimore Orioles in partnership with Chick-fil-A donated meals to front line workers
- April 19, 2020—Tony Finau Foundation provides 5 million masks for frontline healthcare workers
- April 19, 2020—Aaron Donald’s Foundation Offers Free Virtual Training Education Seminar for Teens
- April 17, 2020—Coliin Kaepernick Launches COVDI-19 Relief Fund For Black and Brown Communities
- April 16, 2020—Physical Education Matters Now More Than Ever
- April 15, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Normal
- FROM THE ARCHIVES
- February 15, 2019—Michael Jordan’s Philanthropic Activities
- October 26, 2018—The Most Amazing Charity Work Done By NFL Players
- May 1, 2006—FROM THE SI Vault–Rick Reilly “Nothing But Nets”
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!