We have two big announcements this week.
We are very excited to announce that we have entered into a Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement with Players Philanthropy Fund. You can read the full press release here. This relationship allows us to raise funds and concentrate our efforts on serving our Network of organizations while providing critical transparency and accountability to our supporters.
In addition, we are excited to announce the launch of the Sports Philanthropy Draft Challenge. CLICK HERE TO PLAY. You have the chance to play the contest in eight selection increments so you can jump in even if you miss part of the draft. You can set your picks in advance so that you don’t even have to be watching or picking during the draft.
Since sports have virtually disappeared due to COVID-19, the NFL Draft will garner enormous exposure. Join us for some fun and to help us raise money to assist organizations fighting through the coronavirus struggles.
The NFL Draft will continue to prove our adage that #SportsPhilanthropyNeverSleeps.
We encourage you to join our Webinars each week. Our topics have generated a lot of interest and we continue to explore additional ways to support our Network during this crisis. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
As you have seen over the last month, we have focused on:
- Hosting Webinars every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Creating a COVID-19 Sports Resource Page
- Increasing our production schedule to release a Podcast every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during the coronavirus crisis.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we ramped up our production and distribution schedule to bring you three Podcasts each week.
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING APRIL 20, 2020
- April 19, 2020–PRESS RELEASE: Sports Philanthropy Network finalizes Fiscal Sponsorship with Players Philanthropy Fund
- April 18, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast: Dana Magnus, The MKTG Brand
- April 18, 2020—Djokovic, Federer and Nadal eye fund for lower-ranked players
- April 18, 2020—Top 3 Mistakes People Make in Giving Recognition
- April 17, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar: Content Creation in a Time of Crisis–David Jacobson, Inkflow Communications
- April 17, 2020—Waiting for Vaccine? The Uncertain Return of Sports Fans
- April 17, 2020—Sports Shed partners to meet community needs
- April 17, 2020—Disabled Sports USA Launches Adapt At Home
- April 17, 2020—Savannah Banana’s up the ante on the “Thank You Experiment”
- April 16, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast: Doug Garner, Adaptive Sports, University of Texas-Arlington
- April 16, 2020—Are We Heading For A New Virtual Reality For Nonprofits
- April 16, 2020—50 MLB Players Teaming Up To Provide Over 4 Million Meals for Children
- April 16, 2020—Leaders Say Transparency Is Vital for Youth Sports Refunds
- April 16, 2020—How Mindfulness Can Help During COVID-19
- April 16, 2020—Chair of US Youth Soccer on the Impact of COVID-19
- April 16, 2020—Coco Gauff addresses struggle with depression, says she contemplated taking a year off
- April 16, 2020—What Development Academy Closing Means for US Soccer, MLS and USA’s Youth Soccer Structure
- April 15, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Spotlight by Roy Kessel (Team Marketing Report): Sports Nonprofits Fight to Adapt to the New Normal
- April 15, 2020—When the Goal Moves, How Do Goalball Athletes Adjust
- April 15, 2020—How to Be Resilient and Grow From Your Trauma
- April 15, 2020—Greg Norman All-In Challenge Golf
- April 15, 2020—Coronavirus: What’s Ahead for youth sports?
- April 15, 2020—NFL Family Responds to COVID-19 Crisis
- April 14, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast: Eric Kasimov, SportsEpreneur
- April 14, 2020—All in Challenge: Sports Icons donate experiences to fight hunger
- April 14, 2020—Reimagining Youth Sports in a Post-COVID-19 World
- April 14, 2020—Amid pandemic, Dodgers Foundation CEO shares Robinson’s legacy
- April 14, 2020—What Kids Need Now Without Sports
- April 14, 2020—NFL hosting Draft-A-Thon to benefit COVID-19 causes
- April 14, 2020—COVID-19 thrwarted Brent Sopel’s potential meeting with President Trump
- April 13, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar: Impact Measurement–Vinay Mullick
- April 13, 2020—How LeBron Could Change Public Education with I Promise School
- April 13, 2020—Floorball launches learning sports in the digital age
- April 13, 2020—Sport for Solidarity teaches importance of friendship
- April 13, 2020—Parents: Less Outrage. Fewer Tantrums. Give PEACE a Chance
- April 13, 2020—PGA of America starts relief fund with $5 million donation
- April 13, 2020—How to Keep Your Kids Safely Active and Out of the Emergency Room
- April 13, 2020—Flexibility Keys Productive Staff, No Punching In At the Best NPO’s
- April 10, 2020—Youth Sports Organizations Propose $8.5 billion COVID-19 federal relief fund
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!