With most of the country continuing to engage in social distancing, we are seeing more and more organizations releasing resources to help engage the kids that are stuck at home.
Athletes and teams continue to step up to provide important resources and the sports philanthropy community proves our adage that #SportsPhilanthropyNeverSleeps.
We encourage you to join our Webinars each week. We hope this forum will create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
Listening to our audience, we have launched several initiatives that we believe will be helpful and will provide content and training to our Members.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we are ramping up our production and distribution schedule to bring you more content, more quickly!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING APRIL 12, 2020
- April 13, 2020—How to Make Your Virtual Meetings and Events Accessible to the Disability Community
- April 13, 2020—How youth sports in South Korea returned faster than in the US
- April 12, 2020—Youth Baseball Leagues Scrambling Amid Pandemic
- April 11, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast–Darren Port, Powered By Professionals
- April 11, 2020—Reintroduce Free Play Challenge
- April 11, 2020—New goals for Paralympic team in the Fort
- April 11, 2020—Learning in Sports and Life Doesn’t Happen Without Mistakes
- April 10, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar #6–Evan Schwartz, Cintri Media
- April 10, 2020—Mahomes and Tyreek Hill Connect Again: How Their Foundations Are Helping to Feed Kansas City
- April 10, 2020—Youth Sports organizations propose $8.5 billion COVID-19 federal relief fund
- April 10, 2020—Axelson Center for Nonprofit Management Curated Resources for nonprofits during time of crisis
- April 9, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast–Danielle Berman, Tackle What’s Next
- April 9, 2020—NFL Family Responds to COVID-19 Crisis
- April 9, 2020—PCA: How To Handle Mistakes
- April 9, 2020—Dodgers launch COVID-19 Relief Fund
- April 9, 2020—NFL Way to Play, Staying Active At Home Workouts
- April 8, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Webinar #5–Heidi Webb, Green Kite Fundraising
- April 8, 2020—Positive Coaching Alliance Launches “Life Is A Team Sport” To Support Athletes, Coaches and Parents While Youth Sports on Hiatus
- April 8, 2020—NFL Draft “Draft-A-Thon” To Benefit COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- April 8, 2020—Project Play of Western New York Free Play Deck of Cards
- April 8, 2020—Busting Boredom, Squashing Stress
- April 8, 2020—Playworks PlayAtHome Playbook Now available in Spanish
- April 7, 2020—Foundations and Corporate Funds Announce New Wave of COVID-19 Grants (Coronavirus Grants Roundup)
- April 7, 2020—Sports Philanthropy Podcast–Dan Van Dyck, Stand Up For The Cure
- April 7, 2020—Kareem Abdul-Jabbar delivers 1800 goggles to health care workers
- April 7, 2020—A Sports Organization’s Guide to the CARES Act
- April 7, 2020—We’re losing too many irreplaceable youth sports coaches to COVID-19
- April 7, 2020—Women’s Sports Foundation leads charge to nurture young girls amid pandemic
- April 7, 2020—ASPEN INSTITUTE Webinar: Coronavirus and Youth Sports: How to Manage the Crisis
- April 6, 2020–Sports Philanthropy Webinar #4–Jeff Golner, STEM Sport
- April 6, 2020—Nashville Predators Foundation to Distribute $700,000 in Grants to 168 Local Non-profits
- April 6, 2020—Managing Emotions: Helping Young Athletes Cope and Thrive
- April 6, 2020—Parent’s for Peace and Justice Virtual After School Sports Program
- April 6, 2020—Why parks and rec departments have a “unique opportunity” to reclaim youth sports
- April 6, 2020—The Tangible Contributions of Sport to the SDGs
- April 6, 2020—World’s fastest blind man adjusts training in coronavirus crisis
- April 6, 2020—USTA says we should not be playing tennis right now
- April 6, 2020—Shutdown of global sports could lead to a “reset”, experts say
- April 6, 2020—San Jose Shark’s Make Selena’s Wish Come True
- April 6, 2020—Chicago Blackhawks Community Comes Together to Help the Most Vulnerable
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!!