We all continue to fight the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) battle, organizations are trying to figure out how to best continue their operations, fundraising and programming. Most of us have more questions than answers at the current time. All of us are struggling to get a handle on the short, medium and long-term impact this crisis will have on ourselves, our families, our organizations and our world.
We encourage you to join in our Town Hall conversations this week as we grapple with some of these issues and try to create a supportive environment for everyone in our Network and beyond.
Listening to our audience, we have launched several initiatives that we believe will be helpful and will provide content and training to our Members.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Roy Kessel (email@example.com
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we are ramping up our production and distribution schedule to bring you more content, more quickly!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING MARCH 30, 2020
- March 28, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST–Elizabeth Finlayson, Non-Profit Coach
- March 28, 2020—Bauer Hockey making face shields for medical workers
- March 27, 2020—How Athletes are Dealing with School Closures, Cancelled Seasons and uncertainty of college and career futures
- March 27, 2020—Drew Brees, live on the TODAY Show
- March 27, 2020—How the Stimulus Bill could help youth sports
- March 26, 2020—Special Olympics teams with WWE to promote fitness
- March 26, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST–Jason Schraub, Operation HOPE
- March 26, 2020—Power of Athletes in Time of Crisis
- March 26, 2020—Facilities Sanitation: “Foul on the Play”
- March 26, 2020-–Positive Coach–How to Keep Athletes Competitive
- March 26, 2020—Blackhawks Jonathan Toews to Donate $100,000
- March 25, 2020—“Summer Slugger”, a baseball-themed digital education course, available for free to families
- March 25, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY NETWORK MARCH NEWSLETTER
- March 25, 2020—Olympic Champion Mikaela Shiffrin raising money to help her Colorado neighbors impacted by COVID-19
- March 25, 2020—Stars around the globe lend support to medical world
- March 24, 2020—Virtual Training of Youth Athletes Explodes During COVID-19 Shutdown
- March 24, 2020—Coronavirus and Youth Sports from Aspen Institute
- March 24, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST–Brittany Henderson, America Scores/DC Scores
- March 23, 2020—For Persons with Disabilities, avoiding COVID-19 poses special challenges
- March 23, 2020—Urgent Action Alert: Fund for nonprofits needed in COVID-19 Stimulus Bill
- March 23, 2020—Why Sports Will Save Humanity (Keenan Harrell)
- March 23, 2020—Amid virus pandemic, Pirates provide 400 pizzas to hospital workers
- March 23, 2020—Yes There is Panic, but I am embracing a slower life
- March 23, 2020—Montreal Canadiens donate 13,000 pounds of food to food bank
- March 23, 2020—Panthers Owner David Tepper donates $2.65 million in support of COVID-19 response
- March 23, 2020—How NBA Stars are helping the fight against COVID-19
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!