Another week of escalation of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis has much of the country (and world) locked in at home. As we spoke to many of the members of our network, we found a lot of concern about how to continue to raise money, how to engage the youth in their programs and how to effectively communicate with their stakeholders.
Listening to our audience, we have launched two initiatives that we believe will be helpful and will create a productive way to utilize this time.
- FREE WEBINAR SERIES–Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to foster interaction, collaboration and learning during this challenging time
- RESOURCE PAGE for services, programs and ideas that are available to organizations during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis.
Click on each of those links above so that you can see the details of what is included there. You can also see more details as you look down
Roy Kessel (firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is open for Sports Philanthropy WORLD 2020! Don’t miss this great opportunity
We are continuing to monitor the progression of COVID-19.
While we are hopeful that we will be able to hold Sports Philanthropy World 2020 as scheduled, we recognize that we are faced with an evolving situation for which nobody has clear answers.
We are evaluating alternative platforms to host the conference in a virtual environment and we welcome your input into what type of format you would like to see.
(ANY REGISTRATIONS WILL BE FULLY REFUNDABLE)
As a result of COVID-19, we have extended our special EARLY BIRD rate valid through May 31, 2020 so you can make an informed decision regarding your attendance.
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we are ramping up our production and distribution schedule to bring you more content, more quickly!
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING MARCH 23, 2020
- March 23, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST–Bethany Henderson, America Scores/DC Scores
- March 23, 2020—Project Play Champions Applications DUE: March 31, 2020
- March 23, 2020—Interruption Affects King’s Worthy Cause of Golf Fore Africa raising money for clean water
- March 22, 2020—Beyond Sports Foundation attends service event at Just Harvest Soup Kitchen
- March 22, 2020—49ers committing $500,000 to support workforce and vulnerable populations
- March 22, 2020—Hurricane’s Pride Night: A Model for the Rest of the League?
- March 21, 2020—Anthony Barr’s “Raise The Bar” Foundation offering emergency $500 grants to prior scholarship recipients
- March 21, 2020—Hiatus may cause us to rethink priority we put on organized youth sports
- March 20, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST–Joan Steltman, Bounce Children’s Foundation
- March 20, 2020—Athletes for Hope release ideas on “How To Give Back During COVID-19”
- March 20, 2020—Dodgers Foundation takes leadership role in crisis
- March 20, 2020—PCA: Maintaining Connection Despite Coronavirus
- March 19, 2020—Sharks and Sharks Foundation donate $300,000 to Local Food Bank
- March 19, 2020—New Airline Seat Design Will Allow Disabled Passengers to Fly in Their Own Wheelchairs
- March 19, 2020—JJ Watt, Kealia Ohai donated $350k to Houston Food Bank
- March 19, 2020—Atlanta Braves create $1 million relief fund to help ballpark workers
- March 18, 2020—Nonprofits Seek Federal COVID-19 Financial Help
- March 18, 2020—Free Start Smart Baseball At Home! Program
- March 18, 2020—Chicago Blackhawks set up Community Response Fund
- March 17, 2020—Gala Season is mostly officially cancelled
- March 17, 2020—Russell Wilson and Ciara to donate 1 million meals to Seattle area
- March 17, 2020—How to Train At Home (Team Snap)
- March 17, 2020—Importance of Due Diligence in Sports
- March 17, 2020—Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- March 17, 2020—Coronavirus Brings Added Worries for People with Disabilities
- March 16, 2020—SPORTS PHILANTHROPY PODCAST: Ceil Folz, CFC Collective
- March 16, 2020—PCA: Dealing with Disappointment During Coronavirus Cancellations, Postponements
- March 16, 2020—Virus expert urges youth sports programs to shut down
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at email@example.com so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most of these events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether these events will proceed as scheduled. Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
- March 26, 2020–Jaws Youth Playbook’s Read Across America Book Drive, Philadelphia, PA
- March 27, 2020–Future of Sports…if Designed by Women, Aspen Institute, Washington DC
- March 28, 2020–Special Olympics Community Event–Chicago
- March 31, 2020–Networking for a Cause with Desmond Clark at Roof, Chicago, IL
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! BE KIND!! GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD!!