As we head into March Madness and more states start opening up for events, optimism abounds. The energy levels seem to be increasing and events are starting to allow fans back into their venues. It is going to be interesting to watch how the NCAA Tournament progresses and whether there are any COVID casualties along the way. Certainly we seem to be in a much better position than 12 months ago when we were just getting started on the isolation.
The extra hour of daylight also helps!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING MARCH 14, 2021
- March 14, 2021 — March Newsletter
- March 14, 2021 — Golden State Warriors Organizational Spotlight
- March 13, 2021 — SPN Task Force Applications Closing Soon
- March 13, 2021 — NBA Star Scoring Big with Own Philanthropy
- March 13, 2021 — Legacy After the Locker Room: S2:E10 – Mike Dempsey, Former NFL Athlete
- March 12, 2021 — How LeBron James uses his Influence to Improve Community Development
- March 12, 2021 — Dallas Stars Organizational Spotlight
- March 12, 2021 — How Parks and Recreation plays a role in COVID-19 impacted youth sports
- March 12, 2021 — Outfielder Nick Markakis retires from MLB
- March 12, 2021 — Celtics’ Social Justice Initiative Making Real and Noticeable Changes
- March 11, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP20 – David Rhode, Dot Dot Org
- March 11, 2021 — Equal Access: Making it happen for all girls
- March 10, 2021 — ‘Fans’ Author says Sports can spur Social Justice, Make People Happier, etc.
- March 10, 2021 — Toronto Raptors Organizational Spotlight
- March 9, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Podcast: S4:EP19 – Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports and Entertainment
- March 9, 2021 — Who We Elevate, by Dina Asher-Smith
- March 9, 2021 — SPW 2020 Recap: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Track
- March 8, 2021 — Natasha Cloud’s Social Justice Fight is Far From Over as she Returns to the WNBA
- March 8, 2021 — Be Bold, by Blake Bolden
- March 8, 2021 — Youth Sports Facts: Benefits — The Aspen Institute Project Play
- March 8, 2021 — Why International Women’s Day Is Still Relevant in 2021
- March 16, 2021 — Creating Safe Spaces for Youth of Color (2-Part Workshop Series)
- March 17, 2021 — Sportico: Return to the Stands
- March 17, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Webinar EP 29: Rajiv Khanna
- March 17, 2021 — Creating Safe Spaces for Youth of Color (2-Part Workshop Series)
- March 18, 2021 — GivePanel: Social Fundraising Summit
- March 19, 2021 — GivePanel: Social Fundraising Summit
- March 24, 2021 — SportTechie: State of the Industry 2021
- March 24, 2021 — Sports Philanthropy Webinar Ep 30: Corey Clark
- March 25, 2021 — U.S. Soccer Foundation: 2021 Urban Soccer Symposium