Save the Date: Sports Philanthropy World 2021
Sports Philanthropy World will be held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on last year’s overwhelming response, SPW2021 will gather leaders from around the world to address current issues in sports philanthropy.
In 2020, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Warrick Dunn, former NFL player for Tampa Bay and Atlanta interviewed by Darrin Gray, CMO, Athletes in Action
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Leigh Steinberg, Steinberg Sports & Entertainment
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue, interviewed by Diahann Billings-Burford
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
For more information and details about Sports Philanthropy World 2020, please visit our page at: https://sportsphilanthropynetwork.org/2020-sports-philanthropy-world/
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Check out our resource page which has lessons, tips, ideas and links to organizations that are offering free resources and free consultations to help through this difficult time. We hope you take advantage of these resources!
Recent Podcast Episodes:
NBA and NHL Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING FEBRUARY 22, 2021
- March 1, 2021–Sports Philanthropy Network Internships
- March 1, 2021–Sports Philanthropy Network 2021 Event Calendar
- March 1, 2021–New Episodes of the Sport Philanthropy Podcast
- March 1, 2021–Anaheim Ducks Spotlight
- March 1, 2021–Memphis Grizzlies Spotlight
- March 1, 2021–New York Islanders Spotlight
- March 1, 2021–Cardinals QB Kyler Murray donates 60,000 meals to Texas food bank after winter storm
- March 1, 2021–NBC Universal to air record Paralympic coverage from Tokyo, including primetime
- March 1, 2021–Expensive youth sports clubs have deepened the economic divide
- March 1, 2021–Assemblywoman wants percentage of mobile betting revenue to fund youth sports
- March 1, 2021–Bucks’ Jrue Holiday receives January NBA Cares Community Assist Award
- February 22, 2021–Sport and Organization Dynamic Institute Seminar Series Tickets
- February 22, 2021–Arizona Cardinals Workshop for Youth and High School Coaches: Sports can Battle Racism
- February 22, 2021–Indiana Pacers’ Myles Turner turns troll attempt into Texas fundraiser
- February 22, 2021–Uncomfortable vs. Unsafe: How To Tell the Difference When Working With Youth Athletes
- February 22, 2021–The Miami Dolphins Food Relief Program surpasses major financial goal
- February 22, 2021–Making a Difference: Girls in The Game
- February 22, 2021–Time to rebuild youth sports in America
- February 22, 2021–Buffalo Sabres Spotlight
- February 22, 2021–Charlotte Hornets Spotlight
- February 22, 2021–New York Islanders Spotlight
- February 22, 2021–Brooklyn Nets Spotlight
- February 22, 2021–Arizona Coyotes Spotlight
- February 15, 2021–Organizational Spotlight Boston Celtics
- February 15, 2021–Organizational Spotlight Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- February 15, 2021–Organizational Spotlight Kansas City Chiefs
- February 15, 2021–My Cause, My Cleats Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- February 15, 2021–My Cause, My Cleats Kansas City Chiefs
- February 15, 2021–Sports Philanthropy World 2021
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be canceled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!