We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with their friends and family! It’s a great time in sports as we get to witness how impactful athletes are in their community and how we look to spread their messages here at SPN!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
MLB and WNBA Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World 2021 was held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on the success of 2020’s virtual event, we had a fantastic response with organizations from around the world.
We are hopeful that 2022 will be a LIVE event. Watch this space for upcoming news and announcements about dates and location!
In 2021, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Richard Jaffe, Co-Owner, Phoenix Suns
- Kim Davis, Executive Vice President, NHL
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Jusuf Nurkic, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kojo Annan, Vector Innovation Fund
- Marc Pollick, Giving Back Fund
- Danny Hughes, Entrepreneur
- Devean George, former NBA player, founder, Building Blocks
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
To watch videos of our sessions and see more details about Sports Philanthropy World 2021, please visit our main Sports Philanthropy World page here.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING December 6, 2021
- December 6, 2021 — Kenya’s athletes run against gender-based violence
- December 6, 2021 — Always Partners with YMCA to create Sports grant for girls
- December 6, 2021 — GIVE THE GIFT OF TOGETHERNESS AND COMMUNITY THIS HOLIDAY AND HELP THOSE WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES
- December 5, 2021 — Orlando Magic to host dinner event and auction for 2022 Orlando Festival
- December 5, 2021 — Detroit Lions dedicate first win of season to Oxford community after Tuesday’s deadly high school shooting
- December 5, 2021 — Cowboy’s CeeDee Lamb teamed up with Saints’ Alvin Kamara for charity ahead of week 13 matchup
- December 4, 2021 — Community Foundation grants supported by Masters Tournament aid homeless, special needs kids
- December 4, 2021 — Raiders’ Carl Nassib wearing rainbow cleats supporting LGBTQ+, The Trevor Project
- December 4, 2021 — Southborough native participates in skating fundraiser to fight cancer
- December 3, 2021 — Will Gholston is this week’s NFLPA Community MVP
- December 3, 2021 — Eagles’ Rodney McLeod to host Sneaker Ball to help kids in Philly community
- December 3, 2021 — Michigan Wolverines football team to wear jersey patch honoring Oxford High School shooting victims
- December 2, 2021 — Boise State Athletics Launches Broncos United
- December 2, 2021 — T-Mobile donates $700,000 to SEC Schools to advance women’s programs
- December 2, 2021 — NFL Players Highlight Causes On-Field Through Sixth Season Of My Cause My Cleats
- December 1, 2021 — Tampa Bay Buccaneers to support nearly 50 different charitable causes through NFL’s My Cause For Cleats Initiative
- December 1, 2021 — The Detroit Lions grieve for Oxford community after school shooting
- December 1, 2021 — Heights athletes help wreathes for veterans’ graves
- November 30, 2021 — Day of Giving: How to help your community
- November 30, 2021 — Kansas City Chiefs reveal cleats for NFL’s ‘My Cause My Cleats’ week
- November 30, 2021 — Trees for Threes
- November 30, 2021 — Memphis Grizzlies forward Jaren Jackson Jr. commits $150,000 to support Memphis-area youth
- November 30, 2021 — Brooklyn Nets and Adidas Announce Multi-year Partnership Focused on Growing Youth Basketball
- November 30, 2021 — Warriors announce season of giving efforts for upcoming holiday season
- November 29, 2021 — ACC, Big Ten and PAC-12 Announce Alliance Mental Health Initiative
- November 29, 2021 — ‘Hoops for Hunters’ gives back to community
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Check out our Job Board to find new and exciting job opportunities!
Please email us at email@example.com to submit a job opening.