We hope everyone is having a great holiday week and enjoying the annual season of giving! If you haven’t already, check out our website and see how you can make a difference in your community!
Have a great week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation.
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
MLB and WNBA Organizational Spotlights featured this week:
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY WORLD
Sports Philanthropy World 2021 was held virtually on June 28-29, 2021. Building on the success of 2020’s virtual event, we had a fantastic response with organizations from around the world.
We are hopeful that 2022 will be a LIVE event. Watch this space for upcoming news and announcements about dates and location!
In 2021, we were privileged to have keynote presentations from:
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
- Diahann Billings-Burford, CEO, RISE
- Richard Jaffe, Co-Owner, Phoenix Suns
- Kim Davis, Executive Vice President, NHL
- Richard Lapchick, Founder, The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports
- Jusuf Nurkic, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kojo Annan, Vector Innovation Fund
- Marc Pollick, Giving Back Fund
- Danny Hughes, Entrepreneur
- Devean George, former NBA player, founder, Building Blocks
- David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
We had over 70 sessions spread across the Main Stage, 7 program tracks and small group workshops.
SPORTS PHILANTHROPY SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Sports Philanthropy Network by following our social media accounts:
NEWS FOR THE WEEK
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING December 20, 2021
- December 20, 2021 — Memphis Grizzlies to renovate multiple spaces at Rozelle Elementary School as part of the new NBA 75th Live
- December 19, 2021 — Hawks Players Distribute 1,500 Gifts to Undeserved Youth in Atlanta at Special Holiday Party
- December 19, 2021 — Chiefs Tyreek Hill’s foundation hosted inaugural gala last week
- December 18, 2021 — Saints’ Malcolm Jenkins Helps 540 Families Through Foundation
- December 18, 2021 — Watt Brothers Create Scholarship to Honor Late Grandfather
- December 17, 2021 — Shaq-A-Claus Throws All-Star Event for Schoolchildren in McDonough, CA
- December 17, 2021 — Brandon McManus named NFLPA’s Community MVP for the week
- December 16, 2021 — Athletes for Hope Announces S1 Million pledge From the Gordon and Llura Gund Foundation
- December 16, 2021 — NBA 75th Live, Learn or Play initiative continues league’s legacy of community impact
- December 16, 2021 — Athletes stepping up to help in tornado relief efforts
- December 16, 2021 — Athletes hoping their stories help others struggling with mental health
- December 15, 2021 — NCAA event in Columbus this week could bring $14 Million economic impact to city
- December 15, 2021 — Alumni Assist Flyers Holiday Toy Drive Goal
- December 15, 2021 — Meek Mill hoops with Philly kids before 76ers game to help spotlight criminal justice reform
- December 15, 2021 — Swarm, Academy Sports + Outdoors To Support Three Local Nonprofits For Holiday Shopping Spree
- December 15, 2021 — On the field and in the community, Bradley Bozeman has stood front and center for the Ravens
- December 15, 2021 — Michael Jordan, Jeffery Jordan Form Heir Inc.
- December 15, 2021 — Christmas Day at Pitt Returns
- December 14, 2021 — Pistons Owner Tom Gores To Provide More Than 10,000 Toys, Bicycles and Tablets to Michigan Families in need
- December 14, 2021 — Bank of America Teams Up With NFL, MLB Partners For Youth Employment Opportunities
- December 14, 2021 — Special Olympics Florida and Publix Super Markets Unite Once Again for Torch Icon Campaign Benefiting Thousands of Special Olympic Athletes