Thielen Foundation to provide money, equipment to help three organizations hit hard by COVID-19, riot damage
Adam Thielen and his foundation are continuing their wonderful charity work. A year after launching a program to provide athletic and academic support for Brooklyn Center High School, Thielen and his wife Caitlin are using their foundation to help areas of Minneapolis most affected by the coronavirus pandemic and civil unrest. The Thielen Foundation announced Thursday it will provide more than $75,000 in cash and equipment to Cooper High School in New Hope, the Northside Impact Fund and Urban Ventures, while beginning a campaign to provide all three organizations with additional money to finish capital projects and continue existing programs.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 9, 2020
- November 8, 2020–Entrepreneurial spirit built of necessity for people with disability
- November 8, 2020–Community Group of the Game Spotlight: Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association
- November 7, 2020–Legacy After The Locker Room Podcast S1:E19–Terrence Wheatley, former cornerback, New England Patriots
- November 7, 2020–Thielen Foundation to provide money, equipment to help three organizations hit hard by COVID-19, riot damage
- November 7, 2020–KABOOM! STEM Grants
- November 6, 2020–Youth travel sports teams a problem for keeping Covid-19 out of the classroom
- November 6, 2020–Virtual Youth Sports Congress: A look back at Day Two
- November 4, 2020–Mounting Clusters in Youth Sports, Pandemic Fatigue Complicate Fight Against Coronavirus in Mass.
- November 4, 2020–Institute for the Study of Sport, Society and Social Change Nov. 12-13th Conference
- November 3, 2020–Campbell provides strong support system for Bears players
- November 3, 2020–NSCA Foundation Grants
- November 3, 2020–Sport for Sustainable Development: Designing Effective Policies and Programmes
- November 2, 2020–22nd Annual Hockey Fights Cancer Initiative Underway
- November 2, 2020–Last Week’s Newsstand
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!