Josh Allen calls donations pouring in ‘overwhelming’ and ‘unbelievable’
While usually we highlight organizations or athletes, today we can talk about fans. Bills Mafia banded together and have collectively donated over $300,000 to the Oishei Children’s Hospital in Buffalo in memory of Patricia Allen, the grandmother of Bills quarterback Josh Allen. After a spectacular performance against the Seahawks with 415 yards, four total touchdowns, and a win, fans and media learned of Allen’s prior circumstances. A Reddit user suggested that Bills fans make $17 donations to the hospital to show their support. The idea took off, and the donations continued to grow.
We encourage you to give generously to allow us to work to make meaningful change and to support the many organizations that are doing terrific work in this space. Please click below to make your donation
Help support all of our work and initiatives by becoming an Insider of the Sports Philanthropy Network or making a donation to support these specific initiatives.
Join our host Roy Kessel each week for the Sports Philanthropy Podcast.
Our Podcasts will be released every Tuesday and Thursday
To stay connected with the Sports Philanthropy Network follow our social media accounts
- Facebook: @SportsPhilanthropy
- Instagram: sportsphilanthropy
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/sportsphilanthropynetwork/
- Twitter: @SportsPhilanNet
- Youtube: Sports Philanthropy Network
TOP STORIES FROM WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 16, 2020
- November 14, 2020–Legacy After The Locker Room Podcast S1:E21–Tarrik Brock, 1st Base Coach, Pittsburgh Pirates
- November 13, 2020–First-ever Virtual Youth Sports Congress receives high marks
- November 13, 2020–Should your child participate in the winter sports season? The data is limited, and mixed.
- November 13, 2020–RI, Mass. among 7 states suspending interstate youth hockey through end of year
- November 12, 2020–Sign on, Zoom in, Drop Out: Pandemic Sparks Fears That Without Sports and Other Activities, Students Will Disengage from School
- November 12, 2020–Josh Allen calls donations pouring in ‘overwhelming’ and ‘unbelievable’
- November 11, 2020–Masters Honors Trailblazer Lee Elder by Paying it Forward
- November 11, 2020–$10,000 Defenders of Physical Activity Award
- November 10, 2020–Winter youth sports restart with health precautions
- November 10, 2020–Connecticut youth sports teams prohibited from traveling out of state to play
- November 10, 2020–Dolphins Make $75M Donation
- November 10, 2020–Why a female athlete should be your next leader
- November 10, 2020–‘This Virus Has Not Gone Away’: New Jersey Gov. Murphy Issues Indoor Dining, Youth Sports Restrictions As COVID-19 Cases Surge
- November 9, 2020–Charles Barkley pledges $1M to Tuskegee University
- November 9, 2020–Health Experts Warn Against Basketball During Coronavirus. High Schools Are Playing It Anyway.
- November 9, 2020–State of Play 2020 — Pandemic Trends
- November 9, 2020–Last Week’s Newsstand
MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK
HUMOR FOR THE WEEK
Make sure to email your events to Roy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in our Sports Philanthropy Event Calendar!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our expectation is that most events will be cancelled. We encourage you to check with the individual organizations to determine whether events will proceed as scheduled.
Once we receive information about new dates, we will update them in our event calendar.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
GIVE TO THE WORLD!